Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Going straight  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Wardy

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR-SE Sport
  • Town: Cardiff
Going straight
« on: February 11, 2017, 08:46:19 AM »
Hello XR Forum,

Nipping out to pay for my new XR today...  First straight four in almost thirty years of VFRs....  Sorry Honda, you lost the plot with V-TEC on 800 (Power Commander and pipes helped with that) and ugly duckling 1200 (so vile, no amount of mods could have worked); thank you BMW, you've got me very excited!

Smoked screen and tail tidy on order!...  Wondering about  Cobra or Remus Hexacone?

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
Re: Going straight
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 12:17:08 PM »
 :400:

I've been a honda man for more years than I can recall, 600f, blade, Cb1000r for 8 years, looking around the honda camp looked drab and ugly, they seriously lost the plot for me when they built the 08 blades with that fuggly flat nose, ffs...
Got an XR on test and as soon as I climbed aboard I was sold, nice sit up with a screen, stomping pace.
Hope you enjoy it pal, ive no doubt you'll have jaw ache smiling  :028:
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 01:16:33 PM »
Enjoy, certainly the most fun bike I've had for many a year especially after 5 years on a GS  :034:

Offline Wardy

• XR Junior
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
Thank you. Can't wait to get out, but gonna wrap her up warm until March.

Mines fitted with Battleaxe's, which I guess it the factory preferred option. Anyone tried their XR on Conti Sport Attacks?

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 01:46:51 PM »
Not far from you then.  Ride mine all year round.
Had Battleaxe with mine and really liked them but now running Roadtec  01and much prefer them brilliant in crappie conditions so should be great when the weather gets better.

Offline Wardy

• XR Junior
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 02:01:44 PM »
Think I'm likely to square the first tyre getting used to the bike! Took a test ride on icy January morning but couldn't believe it handled as well as it does given the tall position. Haven't "sat up" since my XJ550...  in, er, '83...

dysfunctional