Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Evotech Rad and Oil Gaurds  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
  • Ride today like tomorrow may not come
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Vale of Glam.
Evotech Rad and Oil Gaurds
« on: February 20, 2017, 07:59:00 PM »
OK I'm not having a brilliant start to my 2017 XR. So far I have not had much luck fitting the extras I have bought. See my thread on the Akro can :087: :087:
Now its the turn of the Evotech Oil and Rad Guards. Looked tonight and have you seriously got to take the fairing off to fit them? I also can't work out how it is there actually fitted. Is it just the bolts on the left and right that are on the top of the oil cooler and the bottom of the rad? Do the bottom of the oil guard and top of the rad guard just hook over the top of each respectively? I beginning to worry about my sanity. Any help gratefully recieved :062:
Live for today

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
Re: Evotech Rad and Oil Gaurds
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »
I didn't mounted them myself but had the same set on my R and I can say that yes, the top parts only "hook" there are no bolts needed.
And most likely yes, you need to remove the sides otherwise how can you mount them?

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:34:50 PM »
Just found the Instructions on the Evotech Performance web site. Now I know what I'm doing. Why Oh Why don't they put a piece of paper in with the guards referring you to the web site for instructions :087:
Live for today

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:38:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ringmaster999 [+]
Just found the Instructions on the Evotech Performance web site. Now I know what I'm doing. Why Oh Why don't they put a piece of paper in with the guards referring you to the web site for instructions :087:
Agree, they are not that good when it comes to handing out mounting instructions.

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 10:44:03 PM »
All done :046: :046: and very nice they look in Black with my moody blue XR :001: :001:
Live for today

dysfunctional