Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Picked up 16 plate XR Sport SE last Saturday !  (Read 1089 times)

Offline rmh999

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Swindon, Wilts
Picked up 16 plate XR Sport SE last Saturday !
« on: February 22, 2017, 05:16:11 PM »

Finally had enough of the Ducati Multistrada (14 Plate) and after a test ride last year the idea has been brewing to get an XR....

The poor engine manners around town of the Ducati - it lurches and chugs all around town and is not happy in first or second - I tried everything to get on (I have had v-twins or 20 years) but despite it being AWESOME on open road it spoils the enjoyment unless you can release the power on an open road....

Finally did a deal at Cotswold BMW in Gloucester (Thanks Steve  :001:) who gave a fair price for the fully loaded Ducati and even let me haggle a bit on the XR - a real smooth change over later and the Red Ducati is replaces with a BIG white XR in the garage...

Need to look for a second hand Navigator unit and some luggage (probably top box SHAD / GIVI) and possibly some soft side luggage for long weekend / week away in the summer..

Looking forward in getting to grips with the new beast ...

Rob

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Town: Kildare
Re: Picked up 16 plate XR Sport SE last Saturday !
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:07:23 PM »
Well done on buying a white one Rob
Doubt you'll regret it  :152:

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
  • Ride today like tomorrow may not come
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Vale of Glam.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 08:53:38 PM »
Welcome Brother :001:
Live for today

Offline rmh999

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:35:35 PM »
Thanks for the welcome both .. Wales will definitely be a destination on the first good weekend - just need to get rid of Storm Doris

Don't you just love the UK Met office naming,,,,

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 09:39:31 PM »
 :400:

I have a Ducati to make company to my XR. Today I took it for a spin and yes or course on traffic slow these bikes beg to go into the open roads. I have a Hypermotard 939 SP so we speak about a real toy super fun bike to have but as you say it is not happy on the slow city traffic. Yet how it shows off.

Offline rmh999

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »
I had a Hyper for the day on loan when the Multi went in for work - silly impractical but still made me grin like an idiot !
Felt like tiny but went like stink and attacked corners like an angry pitbull  :005:

dysfunctional