Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Open evening  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Spikeydog

• XR Member
  • Town: Bristol
Open evening
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:17:46 PM »
Booked to go to Dick Lovett's open evening tomorrow. Anyone on here going?

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
Re: Open evening
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:11:43 AM »
  No but probably go to Cotswold Gloucester on Saturday as they've got a event on and have recently sponsored me for a upcoming event.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »
I'm off up to Pidcocks BMW this evening for the VIP New bikes event, I think the heated grips may need to be on full on the S1000xr :005:

I've booked to ride the T9 Scrambler and the 2017 XR on Saturday the weather is not looking great but hey hoo.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »
I've just taken out the 2017 xr there is a notable lack of vibrant from 65 to 85 and from 4000rpm to 6000rpm there's a little more midrange power, next test ride is on the T9 scrambler.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 05:16:32 PM »
Just got home after test riding the T9 Scrambler, first impressions the seat is very square in-between your legs but surprisingly comfy.

Having just jumped of my S1000xr se, with quick shift ABS traction control and a very smooth 4-cylinder engine.  The T9 Scrambler feels like an Old Skool air cooled BMW how very wrong I was.

Yes, it has ABS and traction control which I leave on as it was still flashing at 65+ :005: on the first bit of open road I got to.
Once I got well cleared of the traffic and hit an A road, 3rd gear though 5th 30 to 90+ in a very brutal burst of torque and power I was hanging on for all I was worth. 

What I’ll say to keep this short is if you come across one of the T9 series DO NOT underestimate it, if the rider is halfway decent you’re going to be pushing it to get round, it not smooth or a refined bike by any standard but it go’s like a hooligan sports bike with none of the usual BMW refinement. 

The sound out of the pipes is pure hooligan as I blipped down a B road it just made me want to press on more and more, but as it was wet and bits of tree and mud all over the road I kept it sensible well ish :007:

It made me feel like being a bad BAD Boy  :231:

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:08:16 PM »
I'm looking forward to trying the Urban in June when it's released.

Offline Monkeynuts

• XR Junior
  • Bike: Rninet
  • Town: Brighouse
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 04:09:50 PM »
I've got an Rninet as a second toy. It's a keeper, it's got ohlins and Kineo wheels and full titanium akrapovic system. Such a fun bike and really dose try to rip your arms off  :169:
I don't bounce like I use to!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham

dysfunctional