Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi Rack & Carrier  (Read 7730 times)

Offline JeffXR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Dorchester
Givi Rack & Carrier
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:40:32 AM »
if any one hears of givi doing anything 1000 xr carriers or rack  could you message me please ( e.mailed ) them but no reply booked on ferry end july  :019:

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
Re: Givi Rack & Carrier
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 06:14:51 PM »
Wish you luck but have a look at alternatives in the meantime as they don't tend to be quick to introduce products for newish bikes.  :028:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 01:14:14 AM »
As far as luggage, panniers and tank bags, not a whole hell of alot out there at the moment. I am seriously jonesing for a good quality quick release tank bag, some one needs to step up and start making some good for this wonderful bike.

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE (RED)
  • Town: Huddersfield
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 01:55:10 AM »
Hey there JeffXR....if you are stuck for bags for a trip Moto24 in uk has the originals for sale at a really great price....see below...all in stock RED & GREY 4-6 days delivery;

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!!!

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE (RED)
  • Town: Huddersfield
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 01:56:26 AM »
 :431: forgot to say heres the link:

http://www.moto24.co.uk/motorcycle-luggage/motorcycle-bags-panniers/where/manufacturer/bmw.html

Price is 446.84 for the set!  :821: :305: Happy Riding
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!!!

Offline JeffXR

• XR Junior
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 07:32:34 PM »
Thanks for the replys great stuff. I,ve got a full set of givi,s   so cheap solution bought a rear carrier to fit givi plate and top box, remove plastic side panels on seat and borrow throw over soft panniers and 2 small rucksack for now till givi make the hangers

BMW rear carrier £210.00  ouch

:046:

Offline boxertwin1200

• XR Junior
  • Bike: GS & XR
  • Town: Brighton
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 11:43:57 AM »
About a week ago a few items appeared on Givi's UK web site for the XR: SRA5119 rack for monokey case (max 6Kg), PL5119CAM pannier holder forTrekker Outback, PLXR5119 rapid release side case holder for V35 case. No prices and still "In Manufacturing" so no idea when will be available. I have seen elsewhere that the E251 Monokey universal adaptor plate fits easily to the rear rack and I'll probably go with that to mount my V40 case.

Offline JeffXR

• XR Junior
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »
rear plate do,s fit bmw rear carrier and givi side hangers will take 1 to 2 months to it the shops got a dealer to phone them and that was the reply. 

Offline gb.lh

• XR Member
  • Bike: The Faster Red 1
  • Town: Mancunia
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 03:49:10 PM »
Boxer  you do know that the GS LC VARIO BOX fits straight on just like a trekker dude got one on mine mucker
F ¥€k work💩 let's ride 🚵

Offline boxertwin1200

• XR Junior
  • Bike: GS & XR
  • Town: Brighton
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
Unfortunately my GS is a 2011 Triple Black. Shame as my Vario Top Case isn't used now as I fitted a Givi rack + 52L Trekker case. I'm distinctly unimpressed with BMW's luggage offering on the XR. The top case is too small (30L), doesn't come in white to match my bike (even the BMW sales guy said it was ridiculous) and is pricey. Same with the BMW panniers on colour & price, although their size and looks are fine. I might not bother with panniers at all unless I do some serious touring on the XR. The Givi V35 side cases don't look half bad and at ~ £250 a pair are well-priced. Givi show them on the R1200R LC and they look pretty stylish IMO.

dysfunctional