Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scottish S1000R sport owner thinking of swapping to XR...  (Read 1244 times)

Offline StreetTriple

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • Town: Glasgow
Scottish S1000R sport owner thinking of swapping to XR...
« on: February 27, 2017, 11:00:41 PM »
Hi been a lurker on here for ages and recently joined up. I've had a 2015 S1000 R sport for over a year and love the lunacy of the bike-and I've added Rox risers, large screen and XR hand guards to make it more comfortable-which it is but I feel it is inevitable that I'll cough up for the XR......
Probably looking at the end of this season-around Sept time but we'll see!

But pre-owned vs new??? Hmmm I'll see what sort of deals are available now that they have a fix for the vibrations.

I rode an XR a couple of times and was impressed with everything apart from the vibrations which I was shocked at coming straight off basically the same bike before the test ride the vibes were hand numbing lay bad! So much so I decided the XR wasn't for me.  Maybe it was just that bike?? And 2017 should be improved......

Anyway going to read up on the XR and if anyone wants a S1000R as part swap.....let me know :008:

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
Re: Scottish S1000R sport owner thinking of swapping to XR...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 11:58:00 PM »
Do it.

I came off an R for the XR.  The gearbox and QS are much better.  Bike is all day comfortable.  It pulls as hard, if not harder.

:002:

Offline skapan

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000
  • Town: Toronto
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:54:18 PM »
I too came from the R (after the RR), no regrets. My XR must be defective, I've not had any concern about vibration. But I must admit I caned it right from day 1, so perhaps it's afraid to shake.

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 06:45:41 PM »
Also swapped my R for the XR and I am quite pleased also have the impression it is abusable and goes as quick as the R without the wind in your chest. I have some vibration but it is true, as soon as I passed the 300 km , was already 400's then went to Germany went all the revs till 9000 first autobahn for a short blast then inside small hills doing accelerations and using mainly 2-3rd to have it revving as it feels best . After my ride vibrations changed they reduced clearly. So ride it as it should. Of course I will mount the retro fit kit of BMW and the evothech just to eliminate all what is possible. On my R I had vibranators.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »
I also swapped from the R to the XR. Do it, you won't regret it. :028:

Offline Dicey

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Mintlaw
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 11:19:18 PM »
Hello, I've just done the same due to dodgy knee,loved the engine in the r just needed more leg room,only seen photos of my xr it arrived by courier just after I went offshore 12  more shifts to go yahoo. Go for it.

Online Fordy99

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Cambs
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 06:39:32 PM »
Do it mate, you won't regret it. 

I went from a Triumph Tiger 800XC which was crying out for an engine like the XR (apart from the vibes of course). I also have a RR which I keep for fun.

dysfunctional