Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat nav locking plate for BMW 1000XR  (Read 22568 times)

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
  • Bike: Bmw 1000 xr
  • Town: Wigan-LANCASHIRE
Sat nav locking plate for BMW 1000XR
« on: February 28, 2017, 03:01:34 AM »
Hi all
I have just fitted the locking onto the standard sat nav mount you get with the bike it is very easy to do and you don't have to take it of every time you leave your bike you have to tilt satnav to lock and unlock it but I will sort that out latter hear are all the numbers you'll need and at £38 it's cheap
Hi all I'm from NR - HAYDOCK ( Lancashire ) I'm a hgv driver I have a 2016 BMW 1000 XR -SE and I think it's
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
Re: Sat nav locking plate for BMW 1000XR
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:03:15 AM »
The diagram for this
Hi all I'm from NR - HAYDOCK ( Lancashire ) I'm a hgv driver I have a 2016 BMW 1000 XR -SE and I think it's
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗

Offline roger z1b

• XR Member
  • Bike: gs lc / s1000xr
  • Town: wigan
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 05:52:03 AM »
That's great Peter, I live fairly close by at aspull.  I have a bike on order, ready to pick up from tomorrow and that's one of the first jobs to do I think.  If I have any bother I'll contact you if that's ok
Roger.

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 06:20:49 AM »
Yes no problem roger glad it's helped some one  :152:
Ps  get your self some bolts 4x  ( M4  40mm )  from tool store or BQ as the standard bolts are to short  and I put 2 thick rubber  tap washers underneath
Each bolt but it wasn't enough need thicker so I don't need to tilt to lock / unlock so get your self some M4 50mm bolts as well
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗

Offline stinky1969

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Houston
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »
Great info, thanks.  I assume you can set the key tumbler to match the bike like you can on the BMW panniers?

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 03:33:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by stinky1969 [+]
Great info, thanks.  I assume you can set the key tumbler to match the bike like you can on the BMW panniers?

Yes, you can, but the key is quite fiddly in the lock as there's not much room. I got a small plastic key from BMW.

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 06:28:53 PM »
If you order it from Williams in Manchester the very helpful parts sales lady done mine for me it took her about 4 minutes  :087: just give her my key and I went and got a coffee come back and it was done awesome
  ( Always remember ASK  ). As they normally do all the panniers &stop boxes for the GS
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗

Offline anubisss

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:16 AM »
So if i am doing this do I need to get the 4 button cradle with my Nav V as well or does the locking GS cradle take the place of the otehr cradle?  My bike ahs the mount for teh Nav V on it already nut no cradle.  Dealer I bought the bike from will do the Nav V for $619 plus shipping or with the 4 button cradle for $649.  About a 22% discount.  This is Las Vegas BMW if anyone is looking for one.  Not sure if i am going to wait for teh VI (most likely at this point) but I need to understand exactly what I need aside from this list of parts.  And thanks for all the info.  Just realized almost everyone here is in England...D'oh!  The US forum still won;t let me on.  They must ahve heard of me.  LOL.  Plus you cheeky bastards are more fun anyway. 

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 08:17:26 AM »
Pete,
Am I right in thinking this is everything I need to fit the nav to the XR standard holder or do I need an extra surrounding fitting, can you post a picture of it on your bike.

Cheers, Rob
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
Yes rob if you have the SE model you get the basics for satnav so you just put your BMW satnav on it and away you go with the info iv put on you can lock it in place so no scumbag can walk of with it
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗