Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat nav locking plate for BMW 1000XR  (Read 34942 times)

Offline davidmudley

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Guildford
Re: Sat nav locking plate for BMW 1000XR
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2020, 08:54:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pete 3161 [+]
Hi all
I have just fitted the locking onto the standard sat nav mount you get with the bike it is very easy to do and you don't have to take it of every time you leave your bike you have to tilt satnav to lock and unlock it but I will sort that out latter hear are all the numbers you'll need and at £38 it's cheap

Thanks for all this information through the chat, I've ordered the parts and been surprised at how easy it is to install (since you have all done the hard work of figuring what sort of spacers and sized bolts are required :047:).  I have one remaining part from the list on your invoice (34 31 7 707 371) which appears to be a clip of some sort, I can't for the life of me figure out where this is supposed to go?  Is it for tidying the power cable in some way?

Thanks again to everyone who has helped on this thread to make this such as easy undertaking for me.

Offline proct1966

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Teesside
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2020, 02:39:45 PM »
Cable clip, you need to remove the existing cable ties otherwise there's not enough length to reach round the larger locking mount. Use this to secure cable to the mounting bar.

I fitted this to mine this week and the sum of parts came to £53, that's inflation for you.

Offline davidmudley

• XR Junior
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2020, 04:06:52 PM »
That’s about how much my set of things came to. Thanks for the point on the clip, that makes perfect sense now that you say it.

Offline proct1966

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Teesside
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2020, 07:50:21 PM »
I also used 20mm Nylon spacers as per SAVAGEFOX's post and it's very secure.

Offline davidmudley

• XR Junior
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2020, 07:40:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by proct1966 [+]
Cable clip, you need to remove the existing cable ties otherwise there's not enough length to reach round the larger locking mount. Use this to secure cable to the mounting bar.

I fitted this to mine this week and the sum of parts came to £53, that's inflation for you.

It turns out mine was subject to even greater inflation (or opportunism) at £65.55

dysfunctional