Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hey there  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Chicken Strip

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '16 White XR
  • Town: San Diego
Hey there
« on: February 28, 2017, 06:59:48 AM »
Hey all, just checking in.  Retired LEO from So Cal. Rode motors for two years. Last bike was a Bandit 1250S.  FZ1 before that.  Numerous bikes since age of 16.  Wifey gave me permission for another, when the finances allow, hopefully soon.  I'm looking at the MTS and the XR.  I'm definitely leaning towards the XR.  I'll be test riding both ASAP.
Raptor exhaust / HP sport seat / BM crash bars / Nav VI / Dunlop Q3+'s / Puig screen / Synto levers / TPX radar detector / D.I.D gold X chain / HVMP bar ends / RRG cooler guards / Wunderlich f&r fender extenders & big brake lever / Hepco and Becker stand enlarger / R&G f&r axle sliders / rim tape

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
Re: Hey there
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »
Welcome  :821:

I tried a Multi too but, while the sound was gorgeous, I think you'd get fed up with it after a while. And there's no hope of sneaking in or out ! More importantly the (un)reliability stories put me right off

Good luck with whatever you buy  :152:

Offline Chicken Strip

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:52:09 AM »
Thanks.
Raptor exhaust / HP sport seat / BM crash bars / Nav VI / Dunlop Q3+'s / Puig screen / Synto levers / TPX radar detector / D.I.D gold X chain / HVMP bar ends / RRG cooler guards / Wunderlich f&r fender extenders & big brake lever / Hepco and Becker stand enlarger / R&G f&r axle sliders / rim tape

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:22:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum Chicken Strip; the XR is a great bike and you will love it.  I traded a 2013 Multistrada for the XR.  They are both terrific bikes and I don't think you could go wrong selecting either brand.  Choose what is best for your type of riding!

Offline Chicken Strip

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:55:55 PM »
Yeah, the more I read, the more I'm liking the XR.  Price, reliability, HP, quick shifter, etc.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »
As someone who always did clutchless up changes, and down changes when I concentrated, I'm loving the quick shifter

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 10:03:56 AM »
 :400:

You can't beat the XR for pure fun, I've got a feeling ill be seeing more this year than last, more and more people are buying one. Just go and buy it, you can treat the wife after to smooth the waters... :007:
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline Chicken Strip

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 05:00:39 AM »
Ha!, wish I could.  I'm waiting for a workers comp case to be settled, then I can pay off my car, and then finance the bike.  Waiting will be the hardest part.  :012:

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »
 :400:

This is a great piece of kit. Just did a small ride going into the German Autobahn doing launches still to the 9krpm mark but well at 200 :) big grin. Then on the small roads also lots of fun, it turns like it is very easy no dramas. It goes and goes and goes....

dysfunctional