Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Euro 3 Akra slip on and dB killer  (Read 1352 times)

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
Euro 3 Akra slip on and dB killer
« on: March 08, 2017, 11:15:04 PM »
Hi all,

Wonder if any of you have just the end can from Akra mounted without the dB killer and your impressions on it.
Is it remarkably louder without it in comparison to having it in place?

It looks very small (to me), in order to make a significant difference in noise. I think (coming from Ducati bikes and a S1000R) that the XR is quite "civilized" on Road mode which is good but would like a bit more of soundtrack. On dynamic it gets better but still lacks that presence.

Will do the experiment once I get my first service done this Friday.

Note that where I ride law is applied so the cat is a must therefore I don't have the luxury of being able to mount the headers which would be the best thing to do in terms of sound and mix. Having said this I do think that dB makes little difference and that already with the cat box having silencer plus the silencer on the slip on, it would be enough! plus the valve.

Thanks

Offline ryvers

• XR Junior
Re: Euro 3 Akra slip on and dB killer
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:49:43 PM »
With Db killen out it Will get lounder and you will get sweet backfires.

You may have to dremmel the bult if it has a spot weld.

Enjoy!

Offline Lehi

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 12:00:35 PM »
ampj8 - not sure when you refer to "small" (the one that replaces the OEM is just as ginormous) you mean the Akra fitted now on the s1000r which is really small and very pretty?    If you do, I have already checked with Motorrad in the UK, who in turn checked with Germany, and the can does NOT fit the XR!!   I also had my dealer check it out and he confirmed the link pipe angles differ on both bikes.     

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »
Sorry for confusion but I say the dB killer in the Euro 3 is quite small and makes little albeit noticeable difference. The exhaust of course, is big at least it looks decent and it saves some grams. Euro 3 easily removable. Euro 4 is fixed.

dysfunctional