Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member  (Read 2484 times)

Offline oldbiker

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • Town: Pahrump NV
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »
Hi everyone I am 76 and now have a S1R with about 17,000 mi. on it I went to the dealer to see the XR I want one but will have to wait I owe too much on mine now. But I will get a XR as soon as I can.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:32:35 AM »
Good to hear, hoping I can keep my body together long enough to enjoy retirement and still ride a sporting street bike. The two bikes are so similar, S1000R and XR, I would do the same and just get the R as comfy as possible. With 17K miles, I am sure you have it setup nicely and have had some serious amounts of fun with it. If my body was not so beat up, I probably would of bought the S1000R the minute they released it, the price was just too good for everything they offer on that model. BMW sure put a hurting on a lot of Japanese mfg with the release of the S1000R, not that much more and a more refined street bike with the heart of a race bike.

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 02:45:34 AM »
 :400: oldbiker!  I just joined the forum.  Traded my 2014 S1000R for a new 2016 XR yesterday.  I loved the R but wanted the comfort and touring of the XR.  It is a fantastic bike and worth waiting for.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 05:26:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum Oldbiker!!  Sounds like you have a pretty nice ride right now.  Have you done a demo ride on the XR yet??   :305:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline oldbiker

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 02:23:23 AM »
I have not gone for a test ride yet I  think if I ride it I will want it more then I do now. I went for a 400 MI. ride today and my back side hurts but it was a fun ride.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:41:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by oldbiker [+]
I have not gone for a test ride yet I  think if I ride it I will want it more then I do now. I went for a 400 MI. ride today and my back side hurts but it was a fun ride.

If you are able to handle the heat of riding around Nevada in the summer, you're doing ok in my book and if a sore bum is all you ended up with  :062:

Offline oldbiker

• XR Junior
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »
It was a hot ride I think I will start riding at night I think it will be better with no sun

dysfunctional