Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Levers  (Read 1340 times)

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
  • Town: Cincinnati OH
Levers
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »
There appears to be a bunch of lever options...I'd prefer to go with ones where I can choose color combinations (as opposed to just black or silver) and I like shorty levers. Has anyone tried the V-Trec Vario III levers recently? I saw where someone got a set early on and they had some fitment issues that neeed to be remedied. These look like the most "affordable" option.
Spiegler/Synto levers look nice too and in the US (handy for me) but roughly twice the price. Sometimes, you get what you pay for though.

Thoughts on these or others?

The clutch levers seems to be special in some way, maybe because of the cruise and/or QS. Does this cause issues installing? I can't remember if it was Pazzo or Rizoma that offered the brake lever but not the clutch.
Joe

Offline phantom92

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Grimsby
Re: Levers
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 04:29:15 PM »
I have just fitted the Puig adjustable flip up ones, fit great and work fine with cruise control and quick shifter.  They only cost £100 or so.
Mark.

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
  • Town: Cincinnati OH
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 06:08:35 PM »
Can't seem to find a place that actually sells them where I can choose custom color combos...at least here in the states. I haven't checked abroad.

*EDIT* Looks like I can order them from euronetbike.net though I don't know much about that company.

I can't tell, on the Puig ones, do you need to swap over the piece off the clutch lever as I've seen on at least one of the others? I don't see any instructions and they images may be stock for that model so you can never go by that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:39:32 PM by JRE »
Joe

Offline phantom92

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Grimsby
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »
When you buy the Puig levers the adapters come as standard.  I got mine off ebay from Powermint.
Mark.

dysfunctional