Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ordered some parts, had some issues  (Read 2023 times)

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
  • Town: Cincinnati OH
Ordered some parts, had some issues
« on: March 16, 2017, 01:21:19 AM »
I posted some of this on the ADV forum as well...
Received my Shad top and side cases yesterday. They didn't send the correct mounting parts for the top case (missing a bunch of pieces or the wrong kit was sent), I ordered the white accented side cases - they sent black, and I ordered the soft bags for the side cases and those were absent as well. The shipment notification I received just said 'one or more' of the items were shipped and the order still shows "processing" (order was placed 3/2) so it's possible they are backordered or something on the white pieces and the soft bags. Would be nice to have some notification if that were the case though. Either way, I can't mount my top case until they remedy the mounting kit. I emailed them last night and got no response today...

I also ordered a number of things from R&G. Everything they sent was perfect and went on like a charm EXCEPT the exhaust hanger (http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/BMW/S1000XR/2015/EH0064BK/ ). The 3 bolts they sent didn't work out. On the top mounting, they were too long - essentially just as long as the stock bolts but the hanger is thinner than the bracket it replaces. The bottom bolt did not want to seem to thread into the muffler mount. Seemed like the wrong thread. So, I ran to the hardware store, got some M8 1.25 x 20mm black bolts for the top (the ones they sent look like 25mm) and re-used the OEM bolt for the muffler but since it's really long I used some rubber grommets to take up the excess bolt size. It should be an M8 bolt with a 1.25 pitch but I could not get any of those bolts to screw in more than a few turns without getting REALLY HARD to turn so I didn't force it. I'm waiting on the Akrapovic anyway so it's temporary.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:24:44 AM by JRE »
Joe

Offline forestboy

• XR Pro
  • Forest of Dean
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
Re: Ordered some parts, had some issues
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
That's bad luck, sounds like poor service and even poorer communication.

Recently ordered Givi racks and cases from Motostorm there's a post somewhere. The service price and especially communication from them was superb.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:55:12 PM »
They're Italian so don't have the same sense of urgency as, say, the Germans  :012:

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:25:28 PM »
There's actually a Shad USA office. I may call them by the end of the day if I don't hear back. I like email because there's a (virtual) paper trail.
Joe

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 06:25:55 PM »
Called the Shad USA office today in Miami.
Apparently the top case mount and the soft bags are back ordered. I guess what came with it is a generic mounting kit. The rep wasn't sure about the white panels for the side cases so they are going to get back to me on the backorder ETA and the panels.  :006:
Joe

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 01:03:36 AM »
Still no word from Shad...pretty disappointed in their customer service at this point. I guess I have to make another call tomorrow.
Joe

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 02:31:44 PM »
As an update:
I called again and they told me the parts will be in early the next week (week of 3/27). That next week goes by and I call again on Monday 4/3 and was told the items were set to be processed and shipped 4/4 - 4/5.

So here I am on 4/6 with no shipping update or any further communication. On every call I was told that they would proactively contact me to keep me updated but have not done so at any point. At this point I have little faith in what they tell me and while their customer service seems ok when you are actually on the phone with them, it's obviously lacking. I really like the luggage and the minimal look of the side case mounts but I don't think I would ever order from them again.  :232:
Joe

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 03:04:50 PM »
I got a notification from UPS that I have a shipment inbound from Shad that was picked up yesterday and scheduled to deliver on 4/11 - obviously sent least cost route. I'm wondering how long, if at all, it takes Shad to notify me of said shipment. Certainly you'd think they'd flag an account of a customer who inquired 4+ times so they could be sure to follow up...or perhaps I give them too much credit.  :006:
Joe

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 01:17:25 PM »
To much credit indeed...the shipped me the side case mounts which I already received in the original shipment  :172: :138:
Joe

Offline JohnnyBeGood

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 05:10:59 PM »
Me personally would return everything and get a refund.
But then again, when(ever?) would you receive this refund??????