Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anti Theft Alarm  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Winkie

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Bangkok
Anti Theft Alarm
« on: June 29, 2015, 06:21:04 AM »
Hi All

Has anyone had the Alarm fitted to their XR?

Have ordered for mine, and today been informed that it is also necessary to change Battery from 9A to 12A

Have to pay an extra $160 for the bigger battery.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: Anti Theft Alarm
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 04:55:10 AM »
I am going to be a little ticked off if I have to change out the battery that is less than three weeks old just for the alarm. I ordered that the day I bought the XR and the only the service department mentioned was the need for a specific screw kit that is not included with the alarm but required for install. Also, the dealership has to install it due to needing to access the ECU, kind of retarded for installing a plug in module to need to pay an hours service to install an alarm. Oiye, welcome to the world of BMW ownership  :157:

Offline Winkie

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Bangkok
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 04:59:46 AM »
All I know is they tell me they must change to a bigger battery, please let me know if you face the same issue.

On a positive mote, for me anyway, they are not charging me any labour for installing the alarm (or battery).

Presumably, I will have a completely new and unused 9A battery, when I collect the bike also (not sure what I will do with that).

Offline Wookie

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Marlow
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »
Mine came with one fitted from the factory I will have a look at what better it has.