Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Le Mans 24 Hour Motos  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Le Mans 24 Hour Motos
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:31:46 PM »
More of a religious outing we've been going so long,not currently very fashoinable but still a great weekend.

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
Re: Le Mans 24 Hour Motos
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 01:18:28 AM »
Went last year
North wales to Le mans on the Friday
Le Mans to North Wales on the Monday
Enjoyed the racing
Cold and wet - Bike was very comfy
Ticked off the list but not in a rush to go again  :008:

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
Bloody hell not surprised doing it like that  :012:

Down to Portsmouth Wednesday afternoon see the sights nice meal on gun wharf wed night,out of the IbIs Thursday morning on the 8am ferry off in Caen 3pm ish good run to the Ibis in Le-Man.

Wander around the town fri morning wait for the guys we meet ever year to catch up on the gossip,up to the track on the tram Friday night for the pit lane walk about which is errrr very French back into town for a meal.

Get to the track midway there's always loads to do,see the start stay till it's dark which is the best part have a beer and a bite to eat on the side of the track and back to the hotel late.

On the tram back to the track for the finish back into town for coffee and cake and a meal on the night.

Up Monday say goodbye to friends and make our way back to Caen for the afternoon ferry docks a 9pm and down the ramp and round the corner back to Ibis,breakfast Tuesday morning and home by 11ish.

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:44:00 AM »
I know.....it seemed like a good idea at the time, joined up with 7 seven others who go regularly to Le Mans (I've opted out this year)
At least I've seen it now, and I know the bike is comfy for 580 miles in a day, my luggage is waterproof and that I made a good investment with the Sena headset, as once I got tired of hearing the rest of the group singing sea shanty's I could listen to Pink Floyd.
I did enjoy the trip but it was a bit condensed.
Got to say, the French fans take the weekend very seriously  :001: Was like a scene from Mad Max
A different group of ten of us go away every year, overnight ferry to Spain or Rotterdam, nice gentle ride to hotel taking in the scenic route if possible, minimum 4 stars, good food, youngest is 40, oldest 61, a much more refined trip over 10 days.
Got to get the Bol D'or ticked off the list as well.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »
Went to the last Bol at the Ricard before Bernie got his hands on it in 99 and refused to go to another till it went back so we did in 2015 on the way home from the Misano GP it was a disaster,completely chaotic so long since they had to deal with a big crowd just completely out of their depth and the law!!!! I didn't realise their were so many police in France.

Having paid for a weekend ticket we spent Sunday swimming in the sea and on the beach,we will go back but will give them a few years to get their act together.

If you thought Le-Mans is like mag Max good job you never went 20 years ago,you use to have to step over the bodies they were that pissed and the broken glass would be an inch deep hence why they check your bags now all way to civilised  :002:

But the tram is nice I have to say saves having to jump up and down in the middle of the road trying to stop a taxi cuz you missed the last bus!!!

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »
Well  another Le-Mans come and gone if you've been you'll know and if you haven't you wouldn't understand  :002:.

Just a heads up,start the bike up on the ferry Thursday afternoon and the ABS light is on no amount of faffing about would get it to go out finally pulled the dongle out and it cleared straight away.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
A tradition I've had for some years always stopped to take a photo with the Tiger.

Took this photo!!! is that the biggest ruck you've ever seen  :033:

dysfunctional