Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bl**dy Pheasant!  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Stu365

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Pocklington
Bl**dy Pheasant!
« on: March 28, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »
Out for a blast yesterday, enjoying the ride. Two pheasants on the road in front of me, they ran left so I moved right, then one of them decided to double bluff and ran back straight into my path. As I was doing the legal limit officer, I had no chance of moving out the way, it disappeared under me and I felt the bang on my leg. Looked down and the left hand side fairing was flapping away.

Pulled over to look and it's cracked the fairing and worse split the fairing carrier, which is a huge piece of plastic that ends up as the thick piece below the tank, and it took the indicator off as well

Glued the fairing carrier, hopefully that will hold, ordered an indicator £38, I want to try and get a new bit of fairing as the damaged one looks crap,

Has anyone got any tips on the best place to get one from, they are not available on eBay at the moment or the moterrad store. I will get a price from BMW but I think it's going to be expensive

At the moment I have found a sticker to hide the damage!

Offline UberSerb

• XR Member
  • It is better to be alone than in bad company.
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Novi Sad
Re: Bl**dy Pheasant!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »
Very expensive way of hunting pheasants.
I use shotguns for that.  :016:
But at least you will have a good soup.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Online philbuck

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »
Does this make you a Pheasant Plucker, or a Pheasant Pluckers' mate?  :016:

Offline Stu365

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »
I went back to give a piece of my mind, but it had disappeared, 250kg of bike v 1.5kg of pheasant appears to be no contest

Offline UberSerb

• XR Member
  • It is better to be alone than in bad company.
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Novi Sad
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:56:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stu365 [+]
I went back to give a piece of my mind, but it had disappeared, 250kg of bike v 1.5kg of pheasant appears to be no contest

When bird disappear you need professionals  :018:
This is my dog Harry waiting on Danube banks for some ducks to fly over.
This is what I do when Its too cold to ride.
Sorry for beeing   :450:

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »
Stu, you were lucky enough. I've seen a lot more damage from hitting birds

*Originally Posted by UberSerb [+]
This is my dog Harry waiting on Danube banks for some ducks to fly over.
You can't beat a good Spaniel for shooting over / near water  :028:

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stu365 [+]
Out for a blast yesterday, enjoying the ride. Two pheasants on the road in front of me, they ran left so I moved right, then one of them decided to double bluff and ran back straight into my path. As I was doing the legal limit officer, I had no chance of moving out the way, it disappeared under me and I felt the bang on my leg. Looked down and the left hand side fairing was flapping away.

Pulled over to look and it's cracked the fairing and worse split the fairing carrier, which is a huge piece of plastic that ends up as the thick piece below the tank, and it took the indicator off as well

Glued the fairing carrier, hopefully that will hold, ordered an indicator £38, I want to try and get a new bit of fairing as the damaged one looks crap,

Has anyone got any tips on the best place to get one from, they are not available on eBay at the moment or the moterrad store. I will get a price from BMW but I think it's going to be expensive

At the moment I have found a sticker to hide the damage!
Mate you got off easy I had a Pigeon hit me about 10 years back, broke my collarbone and the bike and I ended up in a ditch plus pigeon is not as nice to eat as pheasant, glad you ok.
I like the sticker I'd put one on the other side  :038:
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Stu365

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 03:05:54 PM »
I had another pheasant a few years ago lift in front of me, this was early one morning and it smacked me square in the middle of the helmet, felt like I had been hit with a sledgehammer. It's hard to believe a small bird could cause so much mayhem really isn't it, unfortunately I only had one of those stickers, came with many other pushbike stickers when I bought my pushbike a few years ago

Offline FZZup

• XR Member
  • Town: Dorchester
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 06:51:19 PM »
Note to self - keep visor down when peggin it in third..

Offline Simon68

• XR Member
  • Town: Glos
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 10:35:39 PM »
Had virtually the same thing happen to me with the same outcome. About £300 for the left fairing and another £50 for the decal!! Suffice to say I bodged a repair and I'm on the look out for a second hand one.

dysfunctional