Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Edinburgh  (Read 799 times)

Offline hic2wo

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Edinburgh
Hello from Edinburgh
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:20:12 PM »
Hello , i have just jumped across from the S1000r forum after making the decision to opt for xr. I went into my local dealer ( motorad central ) yesterday to make an enquiry about my s1000r 2014 service and decided to take the new model out . My dealer thought i should try the Xr out which i was not to keen on however decided i would try it after the s1000r .
 After returning the s1000r ( which was very nice ) i reluctantly trundled out on the Xr down the A7 . Within 10 minutes my eyes were on stalks as i made rapid progress , cornering just as quick as any other bike i had ridden . I am astounded how good this bike handles and its the first time i have travelled in comfort . 2 hours later back to the dealer to trade my beloved s1000r in for a new xr sport se which i collect next week . I cant believe i have waited this long for this type of bike .Thank you in advance for any questions i shall surely ask in the future . Pictures will follow .

Offline Toothdoctor

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr se
  • Town: County durham
Re: Hello from Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:56:54 PM »
Hi and welcome to the XR side , I've had mine now for coming up to a year and despite loving it find myself spending small fortunes on it tweaking it up!
Great part of the country up there for your new toy , enjoy it!

Offline Dicey

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Mintlaw
Re: Hello from Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 11:36:29 PM »
Hello,good choice just did the same myself 3 weeks ago,second hand one though,with dodgy knee couldn't get comfy on the  s1r and doing north coast 500 with wife this summer so a lot more comfortable for her,xr handles the back roads better when nipping on ,nae so flighty, done more than a 1000 miles in 3weeks  on mine,you'll love it