Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My completed XR Sport SE, I think!!!!  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
My completed XR Sport SE, I think!!!!
« on: March 31, 2017, 05:50:08 PM »
I think I've finished adding/modifying my XR Sport SE, any more and you'd think I'd crashed into a bike accessory shop.

So, here's what I've done/added:-
Powerbronze sports screen.
Puig adjustable brake & clutch levers.
BMW HP sports comfort seat.
Nippy Normans power supply conversion for IPhone charger through ignition switch.
Full Venture shield protection kit.
Powerbronze belly pan, made the decals to complement the colour scheme.
R&G tail tidy and oil & radiator guards.
BMW genuine rear grab handles.
Wheel rim decals, from Bulgaria via Ebay.
Changed BMW badge colour to black n' red.
And! Cobra Hypershot end can, pucker bit of kit. Bought it direct and FYI, cheaper than I thought, when my card statement came through it was minus Germany's 19% vat = £130 less.

Since taking these pics I've painted the rear hugger to match they graphite grey.

The only thing Ieft I may go for is a pair of genuine rear sets, but soooo expensive.

Hmm, looks like I can't post any pics here, check out the gallery for my pics.

Hope you like...........

Charlie Spiceboy.
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline Lehi

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Glasgow
Re: My completed XR Sport SE, I think!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »
Charlie your bike is stunning, love the belly pan!!   Questions please: Tell me more about the Cobra Hypershot which I've been drooling over for a while - is it the Ultrashort version?  Is it the black with chrome end pieces?   What did you finally pay with the VAT discounted?   How does it sound (it certainly looks better than anything else I've seen so far)?   And finally, how did you change the BMW badge to red & black - love that detail!!!   

Offline Spiceboy

• XR Pro
  • Town: Bury St Edmunds
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:29:39 PM »
Hi and pleased you like it, I like it too.
The badges are actually decals stuck over the centres bought of eBay here's the link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131832366577?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The pipes are Cobra Hypershots Ultrashort Prime Slip-on BMW S 1000XR with end tip stainless steel polished upgrade and endpipe/muffler V2A matt black. Bought direct here's the link:
http://www.speed-products.com/Motorcycle-exhaust_108

I did a sneaky and typed TEN in the promotions/offer box and got a 10% off, so total price was £532 on a Nationwide card. With the db killers in they are not much louder but with them out they sound bloody fantastic, being an recent ex sport bike rider - for me they're spot on. The bonus is they're not loud until you get over 6000rpm, so perfect for home/villages/towns etc. I think the other bonus is I feel they'll fetch good money used on eBay.

Go for it!!!
Cheers,
Charlie Spiceboy.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 12:52:33 PM »
That's a fair amount of bling alright !

Would you have a link for : Nippy Normans power supply conversion for IPhone charger through ignition switch by any chance ? Can't seem to find it...

Offline bayarearider

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: San Francisco
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 09:42:31 PM »
Is it just me or is there no picture in the OP?

dysfunctional