Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HP Seat.  (Read 5010 times)

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
HP Seat.
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »
Hi All,
Those of you with the HP seat...what's your opinion? I'm looking at getting one and would like some feedback from those who have one.

Cheers,
Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: HP Seat.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 08:58:23 PM »
I never had a stock seat,rode a demo bike and didn't like the standard seat and had an HP tall version fitted from new.

So in honesty not sure if the stock seat had been higher I'd have settled for that,so is it better??? Hmmm suppose so certainly looks better but certainly haven't given up looking at options if they turn up.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 09:15:13 PM »
Thanks champion...I've read a couple of threads from some who have one, they all like it....I guess I can just get one a find out for myself.... :084:

The stock seat is OK-ish...but I can see a long day in the saddle being a bit of a pain in the ar$e...so to speak.. :001:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
  • Ride today like tomorrow may not come
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Vale of Glam.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 09:29:39 PM »
I had a standard 820mm seat from new on my 2017 SE Sport as I have a 30inch inside leg and prefer to get a full foot on the floor when I stop. The seat was OK but long days might have been a problem. So bought the HP Standard height 840mm seat and wow it is a really comfy seat which would keep the rear happy on those long days. Seat height is no problem and foot down can be achieved on most stops unless there is a camber or uneven road.
I would say go for it you won't be disappointed  :152: :152:
Live for today

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ringmaster999 [+]
I had a standard 820mm seat from new on my 2017 SE Sport as I have a 30inch inside leg and prefer to get a full foot on the floor when I stop. The seat was OK but long days might have been a problem. So bought the HP Standard height 840mm seat and wow it is a really comfy seat which would keep the rear happy on those long days. Seat height is no problem and foot down can be achieved on most stops unless there is a camber or uneven road.
I would say go for it you won't be disappointed  :152: :152:

Thanks Ring,
That's what I needed to hear......I have no seat height problem as I'm 6' tall....just needed some confirmation of the "comfyness" of the HP seat.

Cheers,
Smithy.

Offline Ned

• XR Junior
  • Bike: a white one
  • Town: sarf london
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »
I did a 580 mile day back from the Black Forrest last summer with no problems with my standard seat.
Although I have plenty of my own natural padding  :001:
Ned

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 09:56:16 PM »
I'm 6ft and found my legs way to cramped with a stock seat but hey we are all different.

I went through 4 seats on my K1200r(which I still have) the Kahedo was the best by some margin my HP wouldn't hold a candle to it,the bad news they still don't make one for the XR so the HP will do for the time being.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I'm 6ft and found my legs way to cramped with a stock seat but hey we are all different.

I went through 4 seats on my K1200r(which I still have) the Kahedo was the best by some margin my HP wouldn't hold a candle to it,the bad news they still don't make one for the XR so the HP will do for the time being.

Can't say I've heard of "Kahedo"....will be interesting to see if they make one for the XR in the future..

Smithy.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:13:46 PM by smithy »

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 10:20:46 PM »
Oh it's coming but like all things out of Germany it's complicated trying to work out who deals with who.

But the seat was good enough to do an 800 miler and when we stopped At the end of the day I say to my other half 'What about the seat' she says 'I never thought about it so it must be good'.

That's from some one who has done 2 one thousand miles days on back with me,one on an FJ1200 and the other on a 955 Tiger which we also still have.

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
  • Town: Cincinnati OH
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 11:55:41 PM »
Did about 4 hours with mine today. I'd say much better than most stock seats but nowhere near as comfortable as the Russell Day Long I had on my Tenere. I'm not sure if it gets better as it "breaks in" or not.
Joe