Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Blue Colour  (Read 3897 times)

Offline PL2112

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Canterbury
New Blue Colour
« on: April 03, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »
While I was at my local dealer over the weekend I saw the new 2017 Ocean Blue metallic matt colour scheme in the flesh for the first time.
I don't want to offend any forum members who have chosen it and I know colour is a very subjective choice that we could argue about all day.  But myself and a pal who was with me both thought it was dull and uninspiring and doesn't suit the bike particularly well  :110:.  Strangely I'd seen photos and didn't think it looked too bad at all but in the flesh didn't like it.
Just wondered what others think?  Is it me who is out of step (don't worry it wouldn't be the first time) and are there many choosing it?

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
  • Ride today like tomorrow may not come
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Vale of Glam.
Re: New Blue Colour
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »
I for one love it and yes I have one. I was unsure at first but in the flesh and in natural light it looks awesome. I have had nothing but favourable comments and some from non bikers. I must say this is a topic that could offend some as I could air my thoughts on the red one or the white one or indeed the White and Graphite one but yea we are all different and I respect that :062:
Live for today

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
  • Town: Cincinnati OH
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »
Nice...that means more blue accessories/parts  :082:
Joe

Offline ogden

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Twickenham
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »
White, boring.
Blue, drab and boring.
Red, bit too "wish I was a Ducati".

I opted for boring, but not drab.
Current stable: S1000XR | 990SMT | GSXR1000 | YZF-R6 #7

Offline PL2112

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Canterbury
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:30 PM »
@Ringmaster999
Like I said it was certainly not my intention to offend and I apologise if I have.  I was just curious what others thought as it's quite different and subdued compared to the other choices.  Perhaps that would have been a better way of describing it.  Maybe it's a colour that will grow on me the more I see it?

It's a bit quiet on here sometimes and there's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate as long as we are respectful of one another's opinion  :152:

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
  • Ride today like tomorrow may not come
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Vale of Glam.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 01:38:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by PL2112 [+]
@Ringmaster999
Like I said it was certainly not my intention to offend and I apologise if I have.  I was just curious what others thought as it's quite different and subdued compared to the other choices.  Perhaps that would have been a better way of describing it.  Maybe it's a colour that will grow on me the more I see it?

It's a bit quiet on here sometimes and there's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate as long as we are respectful of one another's opinion  :152:

No offence taken :001: just these sort of posts sometimes get a few close to the bone comments that might  :062:
Live for today

Offline Bob S

• XR Pro
  • Town: Welwyn, Herts
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 02:30:00 PM »
When I saw the photos of it I thought it looked a good colour scheme, but having seen one in the metal, it didn't suit the bike as well as the other colours.

Offline Norbs

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »
I have a blue one and I do know what you mean. It Is understated and could be seen as a bit drab. As far as a single bike on its own I think I would have bought the grey XR....but I have a repsol fireblade in the garage aswell so the XR is the sensible side of the stable and the blue suits it's position in the garage perfectly for me.

Online Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ringmaster999 [+]
I for one love it and yes I have one. I was unsure at first but in the flesh and in natural light it looks awesome. I have had nothing but favourable comments and some from non bikers. I must say this is a topic that could offend some as I could air my thoughts on the red one or the white one or indeed the White and Graphite one but yea we are all different and I respect that :062:

How could anyone get offended by colour preferences? I don't think anyone will get offended by that, and if they do, they are a bit sad let's face it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:52:06 PM by Becksy »

Offline hic2wo

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 06:03:35 PM »
Collect my ocean blue XR on Friday , i have a frozen blue s1000r and hope my wife does not notice the new bike ! Seriously though i always said my Next BMW had to stand out a bit more but was drawn back to the Blue when i seen the bike in the showroom . My dealer had all the colours and i struggled to make my mind up .