Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XR Used prices help.  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Binky

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Farnham
XR Used prices help.
« on: April 03, 2017, 01:58:49 PM »
Hi All
Currently got a Jan 2016 White XR SE that I will be getting rid of fairly soon. Any good ideas what its worth?:
Lowered suspension
Akro end can
Denali Aux LED's
LED park lights
HP clutch and brake levers
HP seat
HP rearsets gear and brake
HP chain adjuster thing
Black MRA screen
Evotech bar ends
Evotech tail tidy
etc etc Just had service and anti vibe kit (not that it really needed it!) at 3500 miles its immaculate

All ideas gratefully and I will list in due course.

S1000XR - 2016
R1200RTLE - 2015

Offline PL2112

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Canterbury
Re: XR Used prices help.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 02:16:49 PM »
Sorry, no idea on used prices, take a look in the usual places such as Bike Trader, MCN, flea-bay etc to get an idea.
In my experience you should definitely remove all the accessories and sell them separately.  You'll get far more for them that way than the difference they will make to the price you'll get for the bike compared to a standard one.

I'll have first dibs on the Akra end can  :008:

Why are you getting rid?

Offline Binky

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 02:25:19 PM »
Thanks...good info... I will bear that in mind! Only problem is Im seriously lazy and not sure that I can be arsed!
Got an RT as well that will be going at some stage.
Had a test ride on a K1600GT on Friday...its a bit like a fat bastard love child of an XR and an RT..loved it....more comfortable for me aching old bones and not quite so mental fast, am thinking rationalisation may be the way to go.
S1000XR - 2016
R1200RTLE - 2015

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
  • Town: Cincinnati OH
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »
I echo what PL2112 said and add that supply/demand has a big impact on selling price. If there are a glut of bikes out there, don't be too optimistic about getting a premium price.
Joe

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 05:02:52 PM »
Just had a conversation with a mate about buying secondhand,the cut off has always been 4/5 grand after that most private punters either run out of balls or they want a bargain.

Looking at what is around to have any hope of selling private 12k max and you'll probably need to be South of that,the most I've ever paid for a bike private is 7k and if I was looking for an XR I certainly wouldn't pay over 10k may as well go to a dealer with zero risk.

Offline Binky

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 07:28:33 AM »
Thanks Winger...that's good info too...you're right, been offered more coz of PX for more costly bike...so I'll probably go for that. Not looking forward to the depreciation on the K1600!
S1000XR - 2016
R1200RTLE - 2015

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 08:34:53 AM »
You should get around £11.5k for the bike as a trade in, with NO accessories. Strip them off, and sell them here. Privately, you're looking at £13-£13.5k with all those accessories left on the bike.

Offline Binky

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 08:38:42 AM »
Cheers Rich, as you usual you da man...Do you go under the moniker Nutty on GSER...there's someone who looks like you on wot looks like a new Superduke R?
S1000XR - 2016
R1200RTLE - 2015

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 08:31:45 PM »
Seriously, even if you have to pay someone to return it to original, strip those bits off, they will all sell
The dealer will give you book, any extra will be what they have to play with on the new bike
If the dealer sells it on their showroom, they will put the resale price up and use the extras as a bargaining tool with the price

Offline PL2112

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Canterbury
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
@Binky
I'm definitely interested in the Akra end can.
As you're seriously lazy and can't be arsed (your words not mine  :008:) I'd be quite happy to ride to Farnham and take it off and re-fit the standard can for you.
According to Google maps its just over 90 miles from me so a couple of hours at the very most.
Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Phil

dysfunctional