Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Problem with vibration retrofit  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
Problem with vibration retrofit
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:21:02 AM »
From the Facebook group...

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Problem with vibration retrofit
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »
Well mine has had the mod and it sure as hell isn't like that but given the choice I'd go back to the original so he's going to get lucky if they change it back  he just doesn't realise it  :002:

Offline Karlb

• XR Pro
  • My Life is a Blur
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Crockett, TX
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 12:18:33 PM »
I am at about 900 miles and have added the HVMP bar ends, the vibes are much less than they were when new and will most likely continue to improve, think I will leave well enough alone.
2016 Red Sled

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
  • Town: Cincinnati OH
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »
Yeah, I'm waiting on the parts still but I'm not going to install them unless I feel like the vibrations are bothering me...currently not, but I've only put 500 miles on it..
Joe

Offline roger z1b

• XR Member
  • Bike: gs lc / s1000xr
  • Town: wigan
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »
dONE nearly 1000 miles on mine, at first service BMW said it was within acceptable levels for an S1000XR! - acceptable for whom I'm not sure.... probably them.  anyway they advised that I let it run and bed in fully.  It's not a problem, only noticeable, and it is a 2017 model.  I just wanted it noting on my service records, just in case there is deterioration at a later stage.

Offline ampj8

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 10:57:56 PM »
Have already done around 600 km after the retro-fit. I hope that I won't get that problem. Days have been fresh here in Europe maybe it has to do with ambient temperatures? Hope not.

I would be annoyed so hope they find a solution soon for your case.

In terms of vibrations it is a lot better, As I said between 5000 and 5500 on the left like 10% of what used to be and on the right from 5500 to 6000. It is either side, so I am happy with this. I do have the Evotech Performance bar ends.

Online smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »
I've only got ~650km on my new XR but the vibes are now minimal....a tiny/small amount at ~4500-5000rpm, either side of this she's nice and smooth.
Originally I felt the vibes were more than should be normal....so.... I removed the whole bar mount system, removed all the rubbers and washers etc...I then applied a "very small amount" of vaseline to the rubbers so they would re-seat nicely, re-assembled and torqued them to specs.....All good. I made sure to torque the "front" bar mount bolts first, then the rears...I believe this is the correct way to do them...

I will say that the bar mount bolts were "silly tight" when I tried to remove them....felt like ~twice the specified torque setting...I suspect too tight can possibly be as bad or worse than too loose.. :027:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 10:46:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Karlb [+]
I am at about 900 miles and have added the HVMP bar ends, the vibes are much less than they were when new and will most likely continue to improve, think I will leave well enough alone.

Fitted the HVMP bar ends to my 2017 XR which has now done 1200 miles and no more vibrations. Prior to fitting the bar end there was some vibrations.
PSH

dysfunctional