Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Asc / dtc  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Powders

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000rr
  • Town: Bray
Asc / dtc
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:39:44 AM »
Hi
Hoping to buy soon and just wondering what the difference between automatic stability control and dynamic stability control is
Didn't know if I should go for Base model with the dynamic package or the sport model, so many options and it's all a bit confusing
Thanks

Offline Adventure Boy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000 XR SE
  • Town: Essex
Re: Asc / dtc
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:00:14 PM »
I went with the Sport SE with every option

that way I didnt wish i had something later that could not be retrofitted
I know the initial outlay was more but a fully loaded bike always sells better in my opinion

Rob

Offline JohnnyBeGood

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:33:25 AM »
ASC is what you get on every XR, if you choose the extra package with riding modes Dynamic and Dynamic Pro your ASC changes into DTC.
This means some extra possibilities so you could say DTC is the upgrade from ASC.
It's all not that important, just choose the package with riding modes, forget about it and ENJOY!

Offline clarryr

• Ex Member
  • XR Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:11:40 PM »
Both are traction control.  The more sophisticated DTC takes the lean angle of the bike into consideration.  Lean angle sensing is only available on the Premium models that also include ABS-Pro.  Bikes with ASC do not have a lean sensor so no DTC and no ABS-Pro (just normal ABS).