Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Nav V mount on Sport SE  (Read 5323 times)

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Nav V mount on Sport SE
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:54:32 PM »
On the BMW accessories page for the XR, it says the cradle locks with the key, but the mount on my bike isn't lockable. Thoughts?

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: Nav V mount on Sport SE
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:22:27 PM »
the locking mount has the same part # as for the GS model. I believe it was $89.00 US for that item. The stock piece that comes with the Touring package is just a quick release mount, no lock included.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 08:21:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by fasttrak [+]
the locking mount has the same part # as for the GS model. I believe it was $89.00 US for that item. The stock piece that comes with the Touring package is just a quick release mount, no lock included.

That pisses me off. Why not supply a locking mount in the first place, like on my GSA?

Offline Tobyduke

• XR Member
  • Bike: ktm 690r duke
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 12:45:56 PM »
don't you turn the key and pull out a locking  pin. I might be wrong.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:39:50 PM by Tobyduke »

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 05:46:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tobyduke [+]
don't you turn the key and pull out a locking  pin. I might be wrong.

You do if you fork out for the locking mount. I'm not impressed. I've had to spend £280 for decent levers, and now this. The bike is frikkin awesome though, so I'm not going to get too upset.

Offline stupot1968

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 10:18:48 AM »
the locking mount  part # as for the GS model does anyone know this part No and will be chasing dealer up to get one fitted ....

Offline Winkie

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Bangkok
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 02:13:38 AM »
Hi

Does anyone know the part numbers/items required to make the GPS Mount lockable (like the GS type?)

Would really like to know

Thanks very much

Winkie

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 06:39:36 AM »
After looking over the locking mount for the GS they had in the showroom, I passed on it as it would take a thief four seconds to crack it open and walk off with your GPS. I resolved to just remove the GPS and put it in my pocket any time I stop anywhere. The Nav V is just too damned expensive to let some one walk off with it and is small enough to stow away while away from the bike. Heck, put it under the seat and it will be safer out of site than sitting in the GS locking cradle, it makes the Touratech designs seem like Ft Knox.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 08:31:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by fasttrak [+]
After looking over the locking mount for the GS they had in the showroom, I passed on it as it would take a thief four seconds to crack it open and walk off with your GPS. I resolved to just remove the GPS and put it in my pocket any time I stop anywhere. The Nav V is just too damned expensive to let some one walk off with it and is small enough to stow away while away from the bike. Heck, put it under the seat and it will be safer out of site than sitting in the GS locking cradle, it makes the Touratech designs seem like Ft Knox.

I've had the Touratech locking mount on a previous bike, and the BMW lock is much more secure. I lost the key to my Touratech mount, and was able to just lift the top flap up, using excessive force. Once the nav is in the locking cradle on my GSA, I'd be keen to see someone try to get it off in four seconds!

Offline S1KXR-rider

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1KXR-Red!
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 04:45:51 PM »
I've got just the standard unlockable mount on my SE and I just pop the nav in my jacket pocket whenever I stop. I think I'd be too worried to leave it even in a lockable mount in case some scrote decides he'll try and get it out anyway, if it ain't there, the Ba****ds can't nick it !!

dysfunctional