Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Nutty's Law Garmin map up date  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Nutty's Law Garmin map up date
« on: April 23, 2017, 06:25:52 PM »
This has popped up on the UKGSer forum quite a bit recently and in one particular case was very amusing

But

It seems that some folks maps are not fully updating as Garmin in their wisdom have split Europe into north and south and south begins at Calais ( which was and still should be an English Port)

Any way for those of you venturing south of Calais you need to check that you have ALL the maps !

Easy to check just try zooming in on a southern french city and see if you have ( or not) all the detail
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
Re: Nutty's Law Garmin map up date
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 08:29:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
This has popped up on the UKGSer forum quite a bit recently and in one particular case was very amusing

But

It seems that some folks maps are not fully updating as Garmin in their wisdom have split Europe into north and south and south begins at Calais ( which was and still should be an English Port)

Any way for those of you venturing south of Calais you need to check that you have ALL the maps !

Easy to check just try zooming in on a southern french city and see if you have ( or not) all the detail

Not on my Nav 5
PSH

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Re: Nutty's Law Garmin map up date
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 07:08:40 AM »
Thats ok then as long as you have the maps europe north and europe south you will be just fine
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

dysfunctional