Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: hi from Holland 1  (Read 868 times)

Offline Robert

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Heerhugowaard
hi from Holland 1
« on: April 23, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »
Hello to all, my name is Robert and i am almost 61.
I get my new xr in blue and it will be delivered the 27th of june, the day after we come back from vacation.
At the moment i am out of a bike, i traded in my r1200r lc from may last year this past week because at the moment i am not able to ride at all cause off a minor surgery at my right foot.
I will be bounded at home for a good 7 weeks and after that i take a holliday, so no bike at tke moment.
Like a lot off you this is not my first bike, i wont put the whole lot down but let me start with the year 2000 in whitch year i bought my first brand new bike ,the hd heritage softtail,  for years later an Ultraglide, 2 years later an gsa1200, a year later an triumph 800xc after that an Hd Roadking, followed by anTriumph 1200 xc and than an bmw R1200R
which was an incredible good bike but due to my age i had to trade it in.
So now an XR with everything on it, however i still doubt about the luggage rack, i will take that off anyway,  and the trunk rack that comes behind the buddy, the bike looks better (in my opinion) without it, and i can still make some minor changes on the bike since the dealer did not order it yet at BMW, let me know how the lot of you feel about it or having any other ideas.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:43:39 PM by Robert »

Offline roger z1b

• XR Member
  • Bike: gs lc / s1000xr
  • Town: wigan
Re: hi from Holland 1
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 10:42:15 PM »
First trip out over the Dyke for you then, always lots of flies on your visor when you get to Lelystad, but its well worth it.  something good for you to look forward to when the nice weather comes.
 :001:

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:51:18 AM »
 :400: Rob,

Lots of robs on here...??

Rob
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:52:43 AM »
Welcome Robert  :152:

What's with all the Harleys ?  :164:

Offline Robert

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Heerhugowaard
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »
Ik have to try alle other bikes even harley 's before i can say BMW rules  :008:
Before i bought the xr i tried the Honda A. T. The Ducati 1200 multistrada s.The KTM superduke gt. It's all in the same range. I tried them alle for severall hours but i choose the XR above all.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 01:14:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Robert [+]
Ik have to try alle other bikes even harley 's before i can say BMW rules  :008:

That's fair enough  :028:
At least you got there in the end