Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Butter face  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Chicken Strip

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '16 White XR
  • Town: San Diego
Butter face
« on: May 11, 2017, 08:14:02 AM »
Made me laugh out loud.

Raptor exhaust / HP sport seat / BM crash bars / Nav VI / Dunlop Q3+'s / Puig screen / Synto levers / TPX radar detector / D.I.D gold X chain / HVMP bar ends / RRG cooler guards / Wunderlich f&r fender extenders & big brake lever / Hepco and Becker stand enlarger / R&G f&r axle sliders / rim tape

Online Karlb

• XR Pro
  • My Life is a Blur
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Crockett, TX
Re: Butter face
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 11:45:57 AM »
   :008:    the duc needs to look good from the front, that's what we have to look at in our mirrors, MS riders just see our tail lights.  :745:   But seriously, the MS looks good from straight on front, but as soon as you get off axis or a side view that front end looks bulbous and out of place to me. But then what do I know I liked the looks of the 999 enough to have owned one.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:48:25 AM by Karlb »
2016 Red Sled

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
Who cares! The XR is a much better bike. I've owned both. I think both bikes are typical of their national stereotypes.
Multi, typically Italian. Just look at it. You just have to breathe on it and it falls apart.
And the XR is typically German, highly effective, to the point.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 08:18:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Becksy [+]
Who cares! The XR is a much better bike. I've owned both. I think both bikes are typical of their national stereotypes.
Multi, typically Italian. Just look at it. You just have to breathe on it and it falls apart.
And the XR is typically German, highly effective, to the point.

Hi Beksy,
Interesting to see you've owned both...I nearly pushed the button on a MS literally a day before I bought the XR...I had ridden a friend's '16 model MS and actually loved it, lets face it, they are a good riding machine,....but the horror stories of bits falling off, engine failures and silly servicing costs put me off a bit....so I essentially went next door to the BMW dealer and said "XR me"...pretty glad I did now..! :028:

Did you not like the MS..?? Did you have any major dramas..?

Cheers,
Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Chicken Strip

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '16 White XR
  • Town: San Diego
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:33:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Becksy [+]
Who cares! The XR is a much better bike.
I don't care, I just thought it was funny.
Raptor exhaust / HP sport seat / BM crash bars / Nav VI / Dunlop Q3+'s / Puig screen / Synto levers / TPX radar detector / D.I.D gold X chain / HVMP bar ends / RRG cooler guards / Wunderlich f&r fender extenders & big brake lever / Hepco and Becker stand enlarger / R&G f&r axle sliders / rim tape

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 07:47:50 AM »
Smithy, yes I had lots of problems with it. The engine kept cutting out, it went to the dealer on numerous occasions and they couldn't find a problem, and Ducati didn't have a clue either. The exhaust valve, which is fully exposed on the Mutli, kept seizing. Needed a new exhaust box after a few hundred miles. Lots of other little niggles. SOmetimes it wouldn't start, sometimes it would run really rough. Lots of false neutrals (but apparently that's a characteristic), ineffective rear brake etc etc. A great bike to ride when it worked, but overall a complete pile of junk.

Offline huckleberry

• XR Junior
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »
THe XR's front looks like a Firefly

Offline Becksy

• XR Pro
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 05:30:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Chicken Strip [+]
I don't care, I just thought it was funny.

Yes it was funny.

Offline Jasper

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ipswich
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 06:34:09 PM »
Have to agree regarding Multistrada, you made the right decision.
I had a Multi that vibrated really badly, could see nothing in the mirrors above 50 mph . Had it checked out and found 3 mm play on the crankshaft. Ducati uk rode it  and said " it was within tolerance", would not accept responsibility, despite Ducati Italy saying they knew there was a problem with some bikes.
Will never buy a Ducati again.

dysfunctional