Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ECU FUEL REMAP  (Read 15905 times)

Boneman1 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: ECU FUEL REMAP
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2020, 04:25:36 PM »
Forget the numbers at the top they don't mean a dam thing its the Air and Fuel line that makes the difference mine isn't perfect but its good enough and the only way you get the A/F anything like is ditching the lambas,hence why I've spent my Corona time de-catting my KTMGT and taking the lamba's out over the last 2 days.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:26:52 PM by Winger »

Offline JTL

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: England
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »
AFR scale of 5 - 20. Best one I've seen in a long time

Offline smithy

• XR God
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Brisvegas.
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2020, 07:28:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by xeoMe [+]
Did a remap yesterday on my BMW S1000XR 2015 stock 160hp.

I'm a little confused with this one, it appears the HP and torque scales are the same, so in theory they should meet at 5252rpm..?? If you look at Winger's pic above, it actually does meet at the correct point.

Smithy.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:29:05 PM by smithy »
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2020, 07:38:34 AM »
Is it the mix of HP and NM rather than having either KW and NM or HP and ft/lb

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2020, 07:47:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Is it the mix of HP and NM rather than having either KW and NM or HP and ft/lb

Ah...that would explain it....devil is in the details. Strange to mix HP and Nm though..! :027:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2020, 08:08:43 AM »
Yep its very strange mixing them up :-) using Nm does give you a bigger number :-)

Interesting difference in peak power too, like nearly 20bhp, that's a huge difference.

Would be nice to see a tighter scale on Wingers AFR graph.

Online xeoMe

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2020, 07:41:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by xeoMe [+]
Did a remap yesterday on my BMW S1000XR 2015 stock 160hp.
Remap done by Tovami in The Netherlands.

1st run 166.2hp with akrapovic headers, mivv exhaust and k&n filter.
2nd run 172.6hp with remap and acoustics removed from the air filter.

Well Tuesday heading back to the tuner.  :151:
Took it today for a spin after the tune but whenever i pull it open full throttle and it reached 7000+ RPM they engine goes in safe mode and the engine light turns on and i'm unable to rev it up.
Ignition off and on makes it go away and i can drive again but when going for a race it just shuts down.  :003:

Hope they can fix it Tuesday i really wanted to test the power, i did some sprints where it did not shutdown and man i could really feel the difference.

Offline smithy

• XR God
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2020, 09:07:32 PM »
Interesting, l wonder what is causing it, my RBE has been faultless since l fitted it over 2 1/2 years ago.

Lord Knobrot

Online xeoMe

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2020, 03:36:32 PM »
Just got back from the tuner, not sure exactly what was adjusted but it had to do something with a sensor which checks the outside temp and controls the fuel/air intake.

Done a short test ride and couldn't let it go into engine safety mode so seems hopeful.
This weekend i will do a longer test ride.

rev limit got tuned down a little but gained more hp and torque on the lower end.
All with all the bike is now so aggressive and fast from what i've noticed.  :305:

Offline tulin

• XR Junior
  • Bike: bmw s1000xr
  • Town: Valenzuela City
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2020, 03:37:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
I have no experience of the booster plug but i think it will not be anywhere near as good as a custom map done by hilltop

for a start the hilltop map is a learning and adjusting map partitioned into the ecu that still uses all the bikes lamda sensors etc so can take into account atmospheric changes due to altitude etc

The guy from hilltop is on here as a memeber and i am sure can answer any questions far better than I as i can ride the wheels off a bike but have no clue as to how they really work !

I see that you are in the USA so the only option for you Vis a Vis Hilltop would be to send the ECU by post so probably a no goer

yep... i removed it when i installed rapid bike racing...