Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Vulcanet wipes  (Read 1299 times)

Offline clanadam

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Johnstone
Vulcanet wipes
« on: May 14, 2017, 09:11:46 AM »
Anyone got experience of Vulcanet wipes for cleaning the bike? Reviews online seem to vary from "fantastic" to "an abortion of a product" on a car detailing forum as it you are not careful all you are doing is spreading dirt over the bodywork which leaves scratches. I'm thinking the latter maybe isn't so much of an issue on a bike.

Offline JRE

• XR Pro
  • Have a day
  • Bike: '16 S1000XR
  • Town: Cincinnati OH
Re: Vulcanet wipes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 02:09:14 PM »
Any "wipe" is going to cause scratches. There's just not enough moisture on them to prevent scratches. To avoid scratches, wash gently with soapy water first. I know, it defeats the purpose of using wipes but if you are wary of scratches, there aren't any shortcuts. It's the water and light pressure that mitigates (it can still happen) the scratches. That said, the body work on these bikes are essentially plastic so different from painted surfaces with clearcoats that show micro scratches so it's much more forgiving.
Joe

Offline feeb

• XR Member
  • Town: Leslie, Fife
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 01:30:56 PM »
I use them and I'm pleased with the finish.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 04:38:20 PM »
On the rare occasion things are that bad I'll revert to bucket and sponge and the last time was some years ago it's normally a damp/wet cloth and Back to Black wipes which really work well and Auto Glym for the body work.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 11:53:11 AM »
I am about to buy some to take away on tour mainly to clean the screen and  spruce up the wheels

As for general cleaning i doubt very much that i will risk using them as i find doing it properly with SDOC cleaner and a hose pipe and then bike dryer is quite relaxing !
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

dysfunctional