Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ECU FUEL REMAP  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Ishawy

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Preston
ECU FUEL REMAP
« on: May 22, 2017, 09:42:26 PM »
Hi everyone I'm not sure if this as been asked or posted yet. As anybody on this site had there 2017 xr ecu remapped by  hilltop motor cycles?????? As I spoke to them last week and he said they have the ability to remap the new Bosch ecu which is different to the later models!!At the price of £350 ride in ride out service of £300 post your ecu and returned. If yes please can you list the pro,s and con,s
I spoke to another remapping company called Hammer and tonge in Warrington and they say that the 2017 ecu is looped and can not be remapped and will have to wait for pc5 to become available for 2017 model, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to which is correct. All I do know is there is no pc for the bike yet after speaking to Dinojet

Offline Ringmaster999

• XR Pro
  • Ride today like tomorrow may not come
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Vale of Glam.
Re: ECU FUEL REMAP
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »
Hi Ishawy

the search function is your friend. Just type in Hilltop as this has been discussed loads :152:
Live for today

Offline Ishawy

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »
Thank for your reply and I've been looking,and I'm struggling to find a member  on the site with a 2017 model that's had a remap on there bike, I appreciate that Hilltop say they've done 5/6 and I'm not doubting they have, I would just like some feed back off a 2017 owner. If they have!!!!!and if I've mist it then I'm sorry 😐

Offline sasukaros

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Warsaw
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 03:53:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ishawy [+]
Thank for your reply and I've been looking,and I'm struggling to find a member  on the site with a 2017 model that's had a remap on there bike, I appreciate that Hilltop say they've done 5/6 and I'm not doubting they have, I would just like some feed back off a 2017 owner. If they have!!!!!and if I've mist it then I'm sorry 😐

So what exactly would the difference in re mapping terms be between a 15 or 16 year bike that hilltop have done a few of and a 17 year ??

I know you are going to say 5 BHP different but that is it ( if it is to be believed )

every bike is slightly different in its power delivery/ output depending on many factors E.G how it was run in etc etc

You can either accept that it makes the bike better or not but as each map is tailored to each bike to a certain degree at least the year makes no difference AFAIK
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline Ishawy

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 05:19:46 PM »
The difference is that the ecu is totally different than 15-16 models and because it's the ecu that gets remapped I thought I would ask the question. The tunning comapany Hammer and tongs of Warrington say it can't be mapped and they race BMW RR,s As for the extra 5 I'm not bothered in the slightest, all I would like to do is have the bike run richer so it don't run as hot and to be honest all I asked for was if somebody on the site who as a 2017xr had it been mapped nothing more and nothing less..... just a simple yes or no would be fine..........
Cheers

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 07:24:05 PM »
The answer to your question is almost certainly no and your question in a backhand way is 'Has anyone broken into the latest XR ECU' because unless you go to a commercial outlet that's what is going on.

Re you want your bike running richer not sure I entirely agree with your logic there's a fairly busy engine running under that fuel tank but if that is what you want fit a Booster Plug it fools the ECU into thinking it's cooler than it is and the ECU pisses more fuel in its a pretty blunt instrument but you will notice the difference I've used similar on another bike before I fitted a PC.

Sorry I should have said you will notice!!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:28:38 PM by Winger »

Offline Ishawy

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »
When a pc5 is available for the 2017 model I will get one fitted
Cheers

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 07:38:35 PM »
From my experience a PC is as good as anything but the majority of the time I work on my own bikes and fitting a PC(Never mind a custom map after) can range from an hour or so to 5/6 and compared to having an ECU re flashed is a pain in the ass.

I'm lucky I have a reference in all this and as he said to me a PC has been the only show in town untill untill other options became commercially available and in the world of milliseconds ideally you want just the ECU and not a piggy but of course we now have the current trend of breaking into them.

What I forgot the gap between a stock map and a booster plug is the same again from the Booster to a PC.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:40:41 PM by Winger »