Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi handguard extenders and Evotech bar ends  (Read 1554 times)

Offline r15suk

• XR Member
  • Town: Reading
Givi handguard extenders and Evotech bar ends
« on: May 30, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »
Hi,

Has anyone fitted the Givi hand guard extenders along with the Evotech bar ends? I was just wondering if they fitted together before i pull the trigger on the guards from Hippy Normans.

Cheers
Simon

Online philbuck

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheshire
Re: Givi handguard extenders and Evotech bar ends
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »
I have put the handguard extenders on my XR, and it already had the heavier bar-end weights. It didn't go together naturally...........I had to dremel out part of the inside of the extenders to allow the heavier bar weights to move all the way to the outside of the bike, whilst within the extenders. Took a few minutes, that's all. Didn't weaken any part of the extender in any way, the circumference just needed widening a bit.

Offline r15suk

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:42:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by philbuck [+]
I have put the handguard extenders on my XR, and it already had the heavier bar-end weights. It didn't go together naturally...........I had to dremel out part of the inside of the extenders to allow the heavier bar weights to move all the way to the outside of the bike, whilst within the extenders. Took a few minutes, that's all. Didn't weaken any part of the extender in any way, the circumference just needed widening a bit.

Nice one thanks. I'll go for it then  :028:

Online philbuck

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »
Not very good pics, but better than nowt !

Offline r15suk

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 09:50:46 PM »
Not very good pics, but better than nowt !

Thanks, definitely better than nowt!  Are you glad you fitted them?

Online philbuck

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 09:56:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by r15suk [+]
Thanks, definitely better than nowt!  Are you glad you fitted them?

Yes I am. I have a Tiger Sport with similar handguards on and you do get protection from them in the cold winter, but on the XR, I felt that the whole of the handlebars were tilted slightly downwards, thus loosing some of the wind protection. (Obviously, this is only because I have a direct comparison to the Tiger Sport)

Offline r15suk

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »
Yes I am. I have a Tiger Sport with similar handguards on and you do get protection from them in the cold winter, but on the XR, I felt that the whole of the handlebars were tilted slightly downwards, thus loosing some of the wind protection. (Obviously, this is only because I have a direct comparison to the Tiger Sport)
:062:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 09:02:38 AM »
Use the PB offering with Evo Tech bar ends the lower inner corners need some work otherwise they rub the tank not exactly the prettiest of options but they work well enough