Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pannier inner bags  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Dave G

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr S1000rr
  • Town: Derbyshire
Pannier inner bags
« on: June 19, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »
I have for sale a set of panner inner bags, they are the sets from eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANNIER-LINER-BAGS-INNER-BAGS-TO-FIT-BMW-S1000XR-PANNIERS-/291561664077?hash=item43e26dee4d:g:B3cAAOSw8w1X6s1I

As you can see they are £55, they have been sat in the panniers in the garage never had anything in them

Will send them posted for £40

Offline zx9landie

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Camberley
Re: Pannier inner bags
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »
hi
do the pannier bags come with shoulder straps please ?
thanks

Offline Dave G

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr S1000rr
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:52:13 PM »
to be honest i can't remember as they have sold and been posted

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:49:08 AM »
They do indeed
I bought the same set (cos I'm too mean to spend €200 on BMW bags for my €20k bike  :157:)
I'm quite impressed with them. Sturdy bags with wide, adjustable shoulder straps. I think the zips could be stronger / heavier duty though, we'll see how they are after 3 weeks constant use next month
I also bought the top box bag which keeps everything together in case I want to take it out although it's mainly lock, tyre repair kit & assorted cr@p...

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »
They look okay, but as you say - time will tell.  They do some other ones (Givi Trekker fit) which are of interest to me, but I survive on my old BMW Vario bags (made by Mane Event) - which although don't fill the panniers completely - are box-shaped which allows other gear not wanted in the bags - to stay in the panniers, or get lifted out without disgorging everything.

Those clothes "cubes" you can get off eBay, Amazon or Ikea are great for making packs of clothes and loading into panniers.    Always have one with just the clothes for en-route to the destination.

Offline roger z1b

• XR Member
  • Bike: gs lc / s1000xr
  • Town: wigan
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »
I think that the panniers are too small anyway.  Mine are having bin liners in and F**k it.  by the time you have fit 3 sweet handbags into the case there's bugger all room left for your undercrackers.  Bollocks to looking trendy, I just want to carry my stuff around.  Or just unclip your pannier and take that into your digs.

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 03:13:29 PM »
Those re-usable Tesco/Morrisons/Sainsburys bags are useful for panniers.   

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by roger z1b [+]
I think that the panniers are too small anyway.  Mine are having bin liners in and F**k it.  by the time you have fit 3 sweet handbags into the case there's bugger all room left for your undercrackers.  Bollocks to looking trendy, I just want to carry my stuff around.  Or just unclip your pannier and take that into your digs.

My rules too, panniers off the bike and into hotel, just waterproof the interior items with a large plastic bag. Job done, panniers spend 10 month on the shelf anyway  :028:
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.