Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dynamic Pro mode  (Read 9693 times)

Offline Citydave

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Buntingford
Dynamic Pro mode
« on: July 06, 2015, 10:10:34 PM »
Does the Dynamic pro mode make much difference to the performance. I have read about a dongle or chip that is required ?, where is that fitted ?

Any ideas anybody, just curious
City Dave

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
Re: Dynamic Pro mode
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:35:30 PM »
It will stiffen the suspension, sharpen the throttle response, back off the traction control to allow big or bigger slides and possibly make the ABS less
It will not increase the BHP the only mode that affects BHP is rain mode which winds some of the power off
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:02:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
It will stiffen the suspension, sharpen the throttle response, back off the traction control to allow big or bigger slides and possibly make the ABS less
It will not increase the BHP the only mode that affects BHP is rain mode which winds some of the power off

This..

Reading the manual I think they had a section for HP reduced parts of the world as it reads like it will increase HP and kill you instantly if you do no respect Rides Mode Pro.

I love that it changes the percent of throttle opening to grip rotation, no longer need to roll so deep into the throttle to get a hearty response. The added benefit of firming the front end makes it track even truer for aggressive riding.  A lot of the things it unlocks is for track days and honestly, not sure why that is even part of the kit, than again I don't do track days so I find it funny you wouldn't just pay the money for a transponder and not bother trying to time yourself.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:38:19 AM »
Some days I like to get out and do some tame riding and some times it's fun to get out and do the twistys.  Other times it's out with my other half for a slow and scenic ride.
The Dynamic Pro gives me what I need and want for those day in the sweepers, twistys and hairpins.
Makes it a great "all round" bike for me!!   :001:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Citydave

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 03:32:41 PM »
How much is the cip and is it worth getting
City Dave

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 04:45:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Citydave [+]
How much is the cip and is it worth getting

It will come with the bike if you have the riding modes.

Offline Citydave

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 06:37:26 PM »
Rich

Got it thanks mate. It was in the folder with all the other docs for the bike. For some reason it was not explained to me very well or I wasn't listening. I have just tried to plug it in under the seat and the alarm went off so I think I will have to have a look for an idiots guide to fitting it or take it back and get them to put it on.

I don't understand why they don't just fit it before they give you the bike.

Anyway Cheers Dave
City Dave

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 07:57:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Citydave [+]
Rich

Got it thanks mate. It was in the folder with all the other docs for the bike. For some reason it was not explained to me very well or I wasn't listening. I have just tried to plug it in under the seat and the alarm went off so I think I will have to have a look for an idiots guide to fitting it or take it back and get them to put it on.

I don't understand why they don't just fit it before they give you the bike.

Anyway Cheers Dave

I've got my plug, but when I took the seat off, can't find the cable to plug it in. On my R, and three GS's it was easy to find, but not on this bike!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 12:31:54 AM »
Doesn't make sense that some dealers install the Pro chip when the bike leaves the shop for the first time.  My dealer installed it with me before I left the dealership at time of sale.  The inital rev limiter would null any craziness for the first 600 miles.   :003:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 01:13:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
Doesn't make sense that some dealers install the Pro chip when the bike leaves the shop for the first time.  My dealer installed it with me before I left the dealership at time of sale.  The inital rev limiter would null any craziness for the first 600 miles.   :003:

In the US, my dealer stated that BMW NA would not allow them to install the chip, due to it removing many of the rider aides or reducing them a lot. So it is left to the consumer I guess. Real easy  to find the clip, it resides to the right of the ABS proportioning valve. It is clipped into a holder with a dead plug in it's place. Remove the plug, pop on your Rides Mode Pro clip, replace into the clip holder, replace the seat and start the bike. The first time the bike is started it will come up in Rain mode if I recall correctly, go through and get it set to Dynamic Pro and have some fun.

dysfunctional