Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: hp footpegs and vibration  (Read 1954 times)

Offline fatboyrob

• XR Junior
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: nottingham
hp footpegs and vibration
« on: June 30, 2017, 07:07:23 PM »
 I don't want this to turn into a negative thread. all i want to know is do the hp foot pegs reduce the vibrations on the s1000xr. to the feet obviously  :008: mine is quite buzzy in the pegs and seat.  the bars are fine.

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
Re: hp footpegs and vibration
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 07:22:09 AM »
I have the HP foot pegs on my 2017 model, Cant say I had any vibrations before fitting them to be honest, I have mine set on the low position, I will say though, the rubber inserts are a poor design, they easily push through ,
Adventure before dementia

Offline legs2041

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 09:36:09 AM »
After 4 weeks of riding the XR I didn't notice the vibration. I think I automatically rode the bike out of the vibration band.

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 03:55:55 PM »
I have the HP foot pegs.  The buzzyness improves with km.

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Spokane, WA.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »
Regarding the XR vibes....."IMO/ just saying", coming from a 2013 BMW R1200R opposed twin (known for being kind-of vibe friendly), foot peg & handlebar vibration are no better/ worse with my 2016 XR "just different". I guess if I wanted less/ no vibration, I'd be looking at an RT/ K1600/ Goldwing etc.

Anyway, there's pretty cheap/ simple fixs via a variety of aftermarket bar end weights/ footpegs that will help remedy or possibly eliminate the XR vibration issue/ concern.
mike k

Offline bmac

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Wisconsin
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 11:19:46 AM »
I did experience a noticeable reduction in vibration when changing to the HP footpegs. It does not eliminate them but it definitely helps.

Offline Ishawy

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Preston
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 11:42:54 PM »
Well BMW have had my bike for 4 weeks trying to solve the pillion footpegs vibration out!! they finally got back to me this week and offered me a full refund,if I stayed with them. after test riding the adventure after week2 for 3 days covering over 500 miles on it, we decided to take them up on their offer, so I've paid the difference between mine and the adventure and BMW have thrown in a full set of panniers as a gesture of good will, I collected my adventure te Saturday and did 450miles on it as I've got to get it in for service as we are away in ten days to Austria. So It's good by from me but may I say it's been great being here many thanks guys for all your advise and comments on issues I've raised. It's been a blast........
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:45:39 PM by Ishawy »

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 06:47:08 AM »
Wow!  That is an impressive response from Beemer.