Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW System 7 Helmet  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Karlb

• XR Pro
  • My Life is a Blur
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Crockett, TX
BMW System 7 Helmet
« on: July 09, 2017, 02:59:26 PM »
Anyone using these, Would like to here a comparison to say the Schuberth C3 Pro, time to replace my C3 and I am considering both of these two, also the E-1 as my next Lid for street riding.
2016 Red Sled

Offline corriej

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Pretoria, GT
Re: BMW System 7 Helmet
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Karlb [+]
Anyone using these, Would like to here a comparison to say the Schuberth C3 Pro, time to replace my C3 and I am considering both of these two, also the E-1 as my next Lid for street riding.

The Schuberth C3 Pro has been replaced by the C4 has it not?

https://www.schuberth.com/en/products/motorbikes/helmets/c4.html

Offline Karlb

• XR Pro
  • My Life is a Blur
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Crockett, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »
yes but I will either purchase a C3 pro, E-1 or maybe the System 7 as I just cant see getting the C-4 over the C-3 pro with its price point.
2016 Red Sled

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 12:41:45 PM »
I have the GP one on back order with Pidcock BMW in Long Eaton Nottinghamshire, I'm hopping to get it before I go off to France on Holiday in three weeks.
Tried one on in the shop very light very comfy, I have a Schuberth Full face S2 the third one I've had they are great but I'd like a flip front as I'm looking to take my RoSPA advanced test and it's just easer when being trained.
 :455:
PS after 30+ years of riding had my very first training session, not much to report couple of it would be nice to see you just do this, EG: make it obvious you have seen the road signs.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 01:37:58 PM »
I bought the E1, some months ago, had problems with mine the peak vibrates so badly over 30 mph that my specs bounce about with or without the visor closed,
Taken the peak off and the locking rings (plastic) that hold the visor on drop out after a time, I'm now on my third set, the rep changed the fixings and it still happens,
I ordered a BMW system 7, 3 months ago and I'm still waiting,

So I've bought an LS2  Valliant , FF399, I did around 150 miles on wednesday just to try it out, I'm very pleased, equally as good as my System 6 and loads better than my E1, Half the price of the E1, check it out, loads of good features and looks very well made, I've gone for the matt chrome one,
Adventure before dementia

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 02:34:21 PM »
I pick up my Moto colour BMW System 7 on Saturday then Next week on Friday off to France for the two week Holiday so lots of miles to do, I'll let you know how I get on.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline bazzer

• XR Pro
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 06:37:17 AM »
I had exactly the same problem with the E1. The peak was unusable and as you say the covers you put in when you remove it fall out.

However they don't hold the visor on they just cover the mechanism. I am assuming if I buy a C3 visor it will cover these holes.

Other than that I really like the E1, I use it with a Sena 20s intercom and it works really well.

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 07:27:31 AM »
Thanks for the reply Bazzer,   The Schuberth Rep told me I'm the only person in the country to complain about the problems, My local dealer ( a very good friend I might add) thinks its me being too fussy ,
MCN had a problem with the one on test , the peak at around 80 mph started to vibrate, I think they were being very kind on the test seeing they get theirs free of charge and don't want kill  the goose that lays the golden eggs,
I did send them a e mail but didn't get a reply.
Adventure before dementia

Offline bazzer

• XR Pro
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 08:33:24 AM »
To be honest, I didn't complain to my dealer I just removed it and used it without. I just wanted the red and white colour way that you could not get with the C3 Pro.

The little covers falling off are a pain though and I guess make it a bit noisier.

But no its not you, the peak is unusable.

dysfunctional