Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sidestand tipping  (Read 2351 times)

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
Sidestand tipping
« on: July 08, 2015, 12:41:24 AM »
Had an opportunity to pull into a parking lot at a local store the other day and the only place available to park had a very slight left lean.  When dismounting the bike it tipped left up off the sidestand with the wheels almost getting air.  Someone had mentioned earlier that they thought it tipped a bit much to the left but I hadn't had an issue with this before now.  Something to be aware of.   :033:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE (RED)
  • Town: Huddersfield
Re: Sidestand tipping
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 04:15:43 AM »
thanks for the ' heads up ' mate! much appreciated! :028:
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!!!

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:48:58 AM »
I had a similar experience and thought the stand had retracted; the stand is fairly short for this bike.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 10:42:56 PM »
Have to agree.  I'm going to make it a point not to leave it running on the sidestand for sure!  Have heard of other bikes tipping with stands that are not this short on other bikes when left running!   :114:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.