Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RoSPA riders advanced  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
RoSPA riders advanced
« on: July 20, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »
Hey all,

After doing the IAM and a couple of Bike Safes over the years I've decided to have a go at the RoSPA riders advanced course.

Just wondering if anyone has gone thought the training if so how did you find it?
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline iandavid

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: East Yorkshire
Re: RoSPA riders advanced
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »
I'm doing the training at present with ARNY (advanced riders north yorkshire). It has improved my riding immensely but its hard work. I'm supposed to be test ready but I still need to get my "Roadcraft " knowledge better as you'll be asked question from it. There are 3 levels, Bronze, Silver and Gold and apparently it's only minor things that can move you between grades.

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:14:36 PM »
All for it me, improve your safety by miles, see things earlier, ride smoother but just as quick...if need be.

Been an advanced wank for a while now. Gives you a new perspective on some of the weekend warriors  :112:
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline Rik

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR sport se
  • Town: Kiveton park
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 09:39:01 AM »
Go for it you'll enjoy it, no real difference from IAM apart from its graded Bronze, Silver & Gold  plus a 3 year retest to keep your standards up, it's all good advice & experience you may even find some blinding roads you didn't know about,

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gatsoburner [+]
All for it me, improve your safety by miles, see things earlier, ride smoother but just as quick...if need be.

Been an advanced wank for a while now. Gives you a new perspective on some of the weekend warriors  :112:
Been an advanced wank for a while now. :745:
ok joking apart, anything that gets you to think more about your riding is i think a must, iam or rospa, I've done both, then became an  iam
 observer,  both systems based on ipsga, police road craft system, no smoke and mirrors just a simple system to get you to create a safety bubble and to get you to think and act on what can be seen - what can't be seen,- what can reasonably expected to happen, using information to form a riding plan,  :062: being at the correct speed-in the correct gear to negotiate a hazard safely
gatsoburners right gives you  a whole new perspective on both yours and others riders/drivers actions / decisions -
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline JohnnyBeGood

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 01:31:44 PM »
For all the Dutch and Belgian guys(and girls!).

www.horizonmotorreizen.nl - Berg en Bocht training

Vooral als je denkt dat je al beetje kan rijden  :007:  :169:

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 02:49:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by iandavid [+]
I'm doing the training at present with ARNY (advanced riders north yorkshire).

I wonder if they have similar in Southern England?    :008:

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 08:26:41 AM »
I remember stumbling upon a group of police motorcyclists and their Inspector in the tea room at East Kirkby (ex)RAF base.

I sat close and listened.  It was very interesting.  The inspector knew his stuff.  They spied my IoM T shirt, and we then had a long chat about the TT.

It was surreal, as Australian police motorcyclists are normally unfriendly pricks...