Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Morning All!  (Read 1630 times)

Offline shaggyshack

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Poole
Morning All!
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:19:08 AM »
Picked up my S1XR from CW's in Dorchester yesterday! Big thank you to Dave, Jon and Mark who all had a hand, due to holidays, dealing with my purchase. As usual lost a bunch of cash changing over from my RT due to it being inside it's PCP agreement time, but what the hell, who doesn't like a new bike!!! Have ridden all the BMW engines now and am hoping that this one is a keeper due to it's all round ability to tick all my biking requirement boxes?! Got a good deal on the granite grey/white/red due to it's colour being discontinued...seems it was not a popular colour, so quite pleased it was my colour of choice! Added an Akrapovic can at dealers and will be sticking rad guards on myself ASAP! Also had the side bag rig removed as I used soft Kriega luggage for touring and it cleans the lines up nicely. This is a great forum and although perhaps you won't get impartial views when it comes to choosing an XR in the first place it is nice to share the love and experience once you become an owner! Look forward to reading what you have all got to say :152:
Used to be a boxer, but I'm alright now!

Offline Morse

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Northampton
Re: Morning All!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:04:15 AM »
 :400:

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:21:07 AM »
 :400:

I used to think that the GS was "the" do-it-all bike, but I think the XR widens the scope to include "bonkers-sports-bike"  :001:

Enjoy the bike - think rad guards are about the most important mods you can make.

Offline Sibbo46

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr Sport SE
  • Town: Dudley
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:44:03 AM »
 :400:  welcome buddy, I'm a newbie myself but already found this site extremely useful.

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:56:32 AM »
Welcome Shaggy
Enjoy the bike, she's a bit different to an RT   :156:

*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
I used to think that the GS was "the" do-it-all bike, but I think the XR widens the scope to include "bonkers-sports-bike"  :001:
That about sums it up  :038:

Online Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »
The grey version wasn't a big seller because BM wanted another 400 quid when I ordered mine and found out the price said no thanks or something like that!!.

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 03:53:22 PM »
 :400: I hope you enjoy your new XR as much as I have/ do. Having primarily owned BMW "R" models R12R, R12S, R12GS, the XR has proven to my "overall" favorite/ most fun/ truly do-it-all motorcycle, also the handle bar vibes on the XR (which some people complain about) is just different/ no better or worse than what I experienced on my previous R's, just saying.
mike k

Offline shaggyshack

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 08:21:43 PM »
 :047:Thanks everyone, nice comments, ride safe :305:

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 08:07:17 AM »
 :400: Shaggy, great choice of colour, I bought the same colour in April, I'm amazed it wasn't very popular, I find the other colours boring  :001:  Enjoy the new bike , its a cracker  :062:

I can see you'll be sticking a load of bits on it , which is great, I'm into carbon at the mo,  :002:
Adventure before dementia

Offline shaggyshack

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 04:03:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Elvisto [+]
:400: Shaggy, great choice of colour, I bought the same colour in April, I'm amazed it wasn't very popular, I find the other colours boring  :001:  Enjoy the new bike , its a cracker  :062:

I can see you'll be sticking a load of bits on it , which is great, I'm into carbon at the mo,  :002:

Thanks, we all love a bit of fettling! It's what garages and motorbikes are for :008:

dysfunctional