Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: levers  (Read 2540 times)

Offline zx9landie

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Camberley
levers
« on: July 23, 2017, 07:17:23 PM »
hi all
does anyone know please if the brake & clutch leavers are the same on the xr as the s1000rr/r ?
thanks (as always) in advance

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
Re: levers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »
Do a search here, but I believe that the HP levers for the RR - fit straight on to the XR

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:07:22 PM »
If you go into the Pazzo fitment  list you'll not only see they don't do such for the XR their is two different variations for the RR depending on the year.

Do a  search on here about the HP and the Puig.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:11:39 PM by Winger »

Offline foxracer

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: London
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 04:51:44 PM »
I think they're different from the R to the XR as I ended up having to buy new HP levers. I did check with BMW and they told me they had completely different part numbers.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »
As Pazzo show no signs of getting off their backside fitted a pair from Rizoma the weekend and had a good 250 mile run out to Wales today QS works perfect.

Offline Lotus99

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: West Coast
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 07:47:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
As Pazzo show no signs of getting off their backside fitted a pair from Rizoma the weekend and had a good 250 mile run out to Wales today QS works perfect.

Nice to hear a positive report on the Rizomas.  I presume cruise control works also, no problem?

Did you consider any other brands, like the Synto levers?  They look good also...

Or Puig?

PS  To answer the other poster's question, I don't believe they are the same.  The R and RR are the same, but XR is different - I say this because of the part numbers I saw in the Rizoma catalogue for the levers.

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 11:45:58 AM »
I looked at all sorts including the ones folks were moaning about  when it comes to bikes I lead a complicated life so there where various reasons I went for Rizoma but the important thing is they both work and are easy to fit probably took long to sort the tools out than do the job.

Offline Lotus99

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 07:30:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
I looked at all sorts including the ones folks were moaning about when it comes to bikes I lead a complicated life so there where various reasons I went for Rizoma but the important thing is they both work and are easy to fit probably took long to sort the tools out than do the job.

Thanks, do you recall which ones people were complaining about?

And did you get the regular length or shorty ones?

Offline Winger

• XR God
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 09:22:11 PM »
Do I search on here about Puig,there were some posts on the other forum about various but as other posts have said its gone belly up.

Offline Lotus99

• XR Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 09:33:47 PM »
Thanks.  You mean the levers aren't good, or the Company has gone belly up?  That'd be too bad...

I'm going to either go with the Rizoma or Synto levers.  Have you read good stuff on the Syntos?  (non EVO)