Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Saying Hello and Introducing Myself  (Read 914 times)

Offline otrp

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
Saying Hello and Introducing Myself
« on: August 01, 2017, 08:48:48 PM »
Hello everybody,

My name is Jerry.  I am from the United States.  I joined up here because I was on the UK Versys 1000 Forum and liked the world experience/perspective better there, compared to just the States. 

I started riding motorcycles in the late 1970's.  My last bike that I traded in was a 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LTD.  I had an ongoing issue with the water pump leaking oil and antifreeze.  The dealer attempted to fix it twice.  I ignored the current leak for awhile, but when my two-year warranty was about to run out, I took it back to the dealer for a fix.

While they were fixing the Versys, the dealer gave me a 2016 S1000XR to use for seven days as a loner bike.  That was unexpected.  Of course these dealers know what they are doing by issuing loners.  Wow, what fun! 

I had no intention of buying one of these beasts when I turned it in after my seven-day romp.  I only had the Versys 23 months.  Then, the dealer gave me some absolutely amazing numbers.  I got blindsided and couldn't walk away.  I did the deal on July 10th.

The water pump issue on the Versys was fixed for about seven days and then started leaking oil worse then before.  That is the dealer's problem now.

I now have a new leftover 2016 red S1000XR with Premium Package and I am loving it!  It's a little buzzy, but I really don't care.  When you're sitting on top of a moving machine, it will vibrate, some more than others.  This is a high compression, high horsepower beast.  I like feeling that I am riding something, just my opinion.

So far I have put on a MRA Vario windshield, Wunderlich bar risers, Givi tank bag, grip puppies, and currently waiting on a Givi Rad and Oil cooler guard to come back in stock.  They've been out of stock everywhere here in the States since at least mid July.  I'll probably put some heavier bar end weights on soon and a Navigator five or six.

Just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself.  Happy riding.  :)

Offline Elvisto

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Audley, S-o-T
Re: Saying Hello and Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 07:51:30 AM »
 :400: Jerry, good to have you along,
Adventure before dementia

Online Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:00:31 AM »
Welcome along Jerry  :400:

Never thought the XR would warrant bar-risers, to be honest - what did you find the issue was with standard height?  Leaning forward too much?

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
Welcome along Jerry  :400:

Never thought the XR would warrant bar-risers, to be honest - what did you find the issue was with standard height?  Leaning forward too much?

Was leaning forward just a tad. All is good now.

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 09:04:37 PM »
Thank you for the welcomes.  :002:

Offline stinky1969

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Houston
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 01:51:28 PM »
Welcome Jerry,
The buzzies will fade after a couple thousand miles...or you get used to it. This is a great forum, lots of info - like you said, worldwide, not just the states.  Enjoy the ride, I know you will!

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by stinky1969 [+]
Welcome Jerry,
The buzzies will fade after a couple thousand miles...or you get used to it. This is a great forum, lots of info - like you said, worldwide, not just the states.  Enjoy the ride, I know you will!

Yeah, they already seem to be lessening. Don't care about them anyway. Might get some bar end weights to help keep the mirrors from vibrating.  Need to see if the law is behind me.  😁