Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Radiator Guards  (Read 3463 times)

Offline GaryR2613

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Nottingham
Radiator Guards
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:18:03 PM »
I have recently fitted Guards to my Radiator and Oil Cooler. Products from EvoTech Performance.

Two reasons
1: The obvious protection of what seemed like the most exposed and the worlds largest surface area of Radiator I've ever seen on a bike. I think it looks bigger because of the colour.
2: As mentioned above, the colour. Every time I looked at the bike all I could see was the Aluminium colour which stood out against the Red bike, black surrounds and the Gold Forks. Vanity got the better of me and now she looks awesome.

I rarely plug stuff but I can't recommend EvoTech enough. Order through their web site and use the code FACEBOOK17 and you'll get a suitable discount. Still not the cheapest but the quality is second to none.

I also have the heavier bar end weights and what remained of any vibration, which was very little on the 2017 model is now completely gone and the weights also act as a little protection as they have an inner part that directly replaces the BMW weight and then an outer which goes over the Guards mine has fitted.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up isn't.

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: GRANTHAM
Re: Radiator Guards
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:09:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by GaryR2613 [+]
I have recently fitted Guards to my Radiator and Oil Cooler. Products from EvoTech Performance.

Two reasons
1: The obvious protection of what seemed like the most exposed and the worlds largest surface area of Radiator I've ever seen on a bike. I think it looks bigger because of the colour.
2: As mentioned above, the colour. Every time I looked at the bike all I could see was the Aluminium colour which stood out against the Red bike, black surrounds and the Gold Forks. Vanity got the better of me and now she looks awesome.

I rarely plug stuff but I can't recommend EvoTech enough. Order through their web site and use the code FACEBOOK17 and you'll get a suitable discount. Still not the cheapest but the quality is second to none.

I also have the heavier bar end weights and what remained of any vibration, which was very little on the 2017 model is now completely gone and the weights also act as a little protection as they have an inner part that directly replaces the BMW weight and then an outer which goes over the Guards mine has fitted.

Fitted the Evotech radiator and oil cooler guards myself  last weekend, bit of a performance trying to get them fitted and had to re drill the mounting holes in the end in order to get them to fit, look great though once fitted !!
If your not going to thrash it leave it in the garage !!

Offline GaryR2613

• XR Junior
  • Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:52:33 PM »
Strange, I didn't have to drill or adjust anything, just fitted straight together?

They do look good though  :152:
Growing old is mandatory, growing up isn't.

Offline Plexat

• XR Member
  • BMW since 1979
  • Town: Doesburg
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »
Fitted the Evotech radiator and oil cooler guards myself  last weekend, bit of a performance trying to get them fitted and had to re drill the mounting holes in the end in order to get them to fit, look great though once fitted !!

I did it myself and I am no techno guy but it fitted so easy and now adjustments were needed. I did it in less than 30 minutes for both!

Offline Spooch

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: GRANTHAM
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 04:16:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Plexat [+]
I did it myself and I am no techno guy but it fitted so easy and now adjustments were needed. I did it in less than 30 minutes for both!

I'm pretty handy with a set of spanners but just couldn't get the holes to line up, checked fitting instructions several times to no avail. however  got there in the end and they do look good !
If your not going to thrash it leave it in the garage !!

Offline eljay998

• XR Member
  • From R to XR....
  • Bike: S1000XR sport SE
  • Town: hockley
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »
Just bought these, as I had them on my R and didn't have time to swap them over.

Not sure where I'm going wrong, but I can't see the fitting kit icon on the page to download it.  Am I being a bit thick?  :159:  (that's a rhetorical question   :008:)

Cheers,

Lee.
S1000XR sport SE

Offline Plexat

• XR Member
  • BMW since 1979
  • Town: Doesburg
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »

Offline eljay998

• XR Member
  • From R to XR....
  • Bike: S1000XR sport SE
  • Town: hockley
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 08:02:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Plexat [+]

Thanks!   :047:
S1000XR sport SE

Offline MelbXR

• XR Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 09:26:47 AM »
I have these as well, look great and were easy to fit.

Offline Alex

• XR Junior
  • Town: Pretoria
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »
I fitted the R&G radiator and oil cooler guards without any hassles and they look cool. My bike is a bit dirty but I quickly popped out and took a photo.