Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Radiator Guards  (Read 4918 times)

Offline Rik

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR sport se
  • Town: Kiveton park
Re: Radiator Guards
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »
Not sure how it happened just noticed the bike smoking when I pulled up, when I looked the radiator was dripping & there was a dent in the Rad guard, the stone must have hit it with some force to push the guard back far enough to do that.

Offline smithy

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
  • Town: Sydney.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2019, 10:45:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rik [+]
Not sure how it happened just noticed the bike smoking when I pulled up, when I looked the radiator was dripping & there was a dent in the Rad guard, the stone must have hit it with some force to push the guard back far enough to do that.

Wow...I suspect if the rad guard wasn't there, you would have a hole right through the radiator and possibly done a lot more damage.....would have been a substantial stone/rock to do that....just plain bad luck is all. :027:

Smithy.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

Offline Dinky

• XR Member
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 10:16:41 AM »
Wauw that stone must have gone extremely fast.
Are the R&G guards hard? The grid looks a bitt thin on pictures?

Offline Rik

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR sport se
  • Town: Kiveton park
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 07:43:23 PM »
They are a thin mesh but that's what you need for better air flow especially on a high reving engine like the XR. How many bikers use th R&G guards without any trouble on many different bikes, I was just unlucky, wrong place & time. The guard is now back on as I wouldn't ride without one. 

Offline Dinky

• XR Member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 08:02:57 PM »
Thats true, it also depends on the shape of the stone that hits the guard. Good you put it back before driving again. As soon as my new bike is delivered I will install the Evotech guards i have.

Offline Goferbikes

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport
  • Town: Peterborough
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 07:21:08 PM »
So this weekend I've fitted Evotech guards on the radiator and oil cooler. Bought my Sport in Feb and 1500 miles later the radiators were showing some minor damage. After reading these accounts I'm happier I've fitted Evotech. Good solid quality, and in spite of some stories they fitted really well. Shows quality and I'll be happier knowing the motor is protected.

Offline Dinky

• XR Member
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 07:46:53 PM »
I cannot agree more, they fit really well. Good quality :152:

Offline ogi22

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000R
  • Town: Ljubljana
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2019, 01:58:01 PM »
Hey, it is any difference between s1000r and s1000xr radiator guard evotec performance?

Offline Dinky

• XR Member
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2019, 02:14:51 PM »
No they are the same

dysfunctional