Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: windscreen  (Read 1752 times)

Offline zx9landie

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Camberley
windscreen
« on: August 05, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »
hi guys,
qq
is the xr standard screen 'rubber mounted' ? i.e. it has rubber 'bungs/gourmets/spacers' that the mounting bolts go through ?
the reason I'm asking is that I have just bought a puig touring screen to replace a mra screen the bike came with the but i didnt get the original screen.
The puig screen mounting holes are a lot larger larger than the mra so i'm wondering if I need something from the original screen ?
cheers   

Offline corriej

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Pretoria, GT
Re: windscreen
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 10:01:14 PM »

Offline zx9landie

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 10:05:19 PM »
thanks corriej
looks like what I'm missing
cheers

Offline Karlb

• XR Pro
  • My Life is a Blur
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Crockett, TX
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 11:53:33 AM »
just curious why are you replacing the mra screen with the puig?
2016 Red Sled

Offline zx9landie

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 11:01:17 PM »
may just be me but i think it 'bounces/vibrates' a lot. my sx was rock solid, zero movement.
I'm new to the xr but the 'movement' I find distracting as i ride. m&p have the puig for £55 so thought I would give it a try.

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 07:05:44 AM »
I went stock/Power Bronze sport/Puig sport(M+P) it's fine but I never use it in the high setting.

Offline zx9landie

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 11:25:47 AM »
i went for the puig touring as after the 'barn door' protection level !!!

Offline Karlb

• XR Pro
  • My Life is a Blur
  • Town: Crockett, TX
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
I first tried the Puig touring, better than stock but no airflow and Texas is hot 8 months out of the year besides to me it looks horrible (no offense), then tried the Puig sport. less buffeting than stock but still had quite a bit. Then I cut down my stock shield, far less buffeting but noisy. I finally Bit the bullet and got the MRA vario, Should have done that in the first place. It just simply works, nice quiet, and still get good clean airflow with it all the way down.
2016 Red Sled

Online otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 06:31:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Karlb [+]
I first tried the Puig touring, better than stock but no airflow and Texas is hot 8 months out of the year besides to me it looks horrible (no offense), then tried the Puig sport. less buffeting than stock but still had quite a bit. Then I cut down my stock shield, far less buffeting but noisy. I finally Bit the bullet and got the MRA vario, Should have done that in the first place. It just simply works, nice quiet, and still get good clean airflow with it all the way down.

+1 on the MRA Vario. I just put mine on about three weeks ago.  What a difference compared to stock.  :002:

Offline Hobo

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Warwick
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 09:28:20 PM »
++1 on the Vario screen. I have done about 2000 miles with it and it definitely reduces buffeting compared with OEM. It is not the prettiest thing but on long trips is much less tiring. The high setting is only used in heavy rain!

Simon

dysfunctional