Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from South Africa  (Read 570 times)

Offline corriej

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Pretoria, GT
Hi from South Africa
« on: August 06, 2017, 07:50:37 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I just realized I have been on the site for a while without introducing myself.

I am from South Africa. I did about 100,000kms on GS bikes before this. The fact that only about 500kms was off-road made me go for the XR.

I really love the XR. I now have about 2000kms on the XR and I am happy that I made the right choice for me.

This site and all the informative posts helped me a lot in making my decision.

Thanks
Everyone

Corrie

Offline mike k

• XR Pro
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Dana Point, CA.
Re: Hi from South Africa
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:12:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by corriej [+]
Hi Everyone,

I just realized I have been on the site for a while without introducing myself.

I am from South Africa. I did about 100,000kms on GS bikes before this. The fact that only about 500kms was off-road made me go for the XR. I really love the XR. I now have about 2000kms on the XR and I am happy that I made the right choice for me. This site and all the informative posts helped me a lot in making my decision. 

Pretty much did the same as you/ but less miles, i.e. about 20K miles on a R12GS (99.5% street riding)/ 15K miles on a R12R - "I find" the XR vastly different in a great way/ superior in almost every area compared to my previous GS/ R, and very glad I have it/ no regrets at all (well maybe having to do chain maintenance, but even that has become "kind-of" fun/ time to bond with it)
mike k