Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dynamic pro plug  (Read 4256 times)

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Dynamic pro plug
« on: July 10, 2015, 11:17:47 PM »
They don't make it easy to fit, do they! :008:

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
Re: Dynamic pro plug
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 04:58:29 AM »
 :172:I don't know; my dealer installed mine today at the breakin service.  They also removed the rev limiter.  Dynamic pro is unbelievable!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 12:32:39 AM »
On mine they demonstrated how to pull the cover plug off and popped the chip plug on without any trouble at all.  How are you finding it difficult?
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 07:47:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
On mine they demonstrated how to pull the cover plug off and popped the chip plug on without any trouble at all.  How are you finding it difficult?

We fitted it a couple of weeks ago, but they'd tucked the end of the cable it plugs into in so well, it was a bugger to get out! We just needed some long tools to get at it.

Offline mediamark

• XR Member
  • Bike: R1200GS Exclusiv
  • Town: Sheffield
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 03:02:45 PM »
The socket for mine was tie-wrapped, facing down, to the frame at the bottom of the compartment!  :084:

Easy to install, once you can get to it!

Offline Gunter50

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Bicester, Oxon
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
Had my 600 mile service this morning and plug is now in! Only ridden it home but certainly revs certainly feel sharper to pick up even from as low as 3 thousand. Longer ride tomorroe so we`ll see what the difference is in real world riding!

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gunter50 [+]
Had my 600 mile service this morning and plug is now in! Only ridden it home but certainly revs certainly feel sharper to pick up even from as low as 3 thousand. Longer ride tomorroe so we`ll see what the difference is in real world riding!

Not only does it rev a tad bit more freely, if you grab a handful of the right wrist you will soon be looking skyward  :001: