Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aux plug  (Read 2820 times)

Offline barnsyuk

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Coast
Aux plug
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:49:27 PM »
This may have been asked before but here goes, does anyone know if the aux plug under the left side inner panel can be used for a heated jacket? if so what is the max amperage?

And I'm not talking about cigarette DIN plug thingy, the manual says there is an aux plug under there...
Thanks in advance

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
Re: Aux plug
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:42:35 PM »
I think you mean the one which is principally for Satnavs....

I'd doubt if it would run any heating devices, to be honest - they are really lightweight conductors.

Offline PaulS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Worcester, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 05:13:04 PM »
The small cigarette lighter type outlet under the flap on the left will power heated gloves but max output is 5 Amps, anything more and the CAN BUS disconnects the power. Mine won't even power a tyre inflator.

Best to do a direct connection to the battery, which I did in the ned for my gloves
PSH

Offline Rik

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR sport se
  • Town: Kiveton park
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 08:56:27 PM »
Has anyone tried one of these fuzeblocks?. http://www.fuzeblocks.com
My next addition to power heated vest, roadhawk camera & maybe a socket to accept tyre inflators etc, works with Can Bus & easy to install

Online philbuck

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 07:29:03 PM »
I have a PDM for my heated vest, Roadhawk, DRL's, secondary aux supply, usb supply, etc. I'm gonna try the Fuzeblock on my GS though, as it's cheaper  :016:

Offline foxracer

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: London
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »
I had a Fuzeblock on my previous bike, and I now have a PDM60 on the XR. Honestly, I prefer the Fuzeblock and wish I'd got one of those again. It was low tech, but did the job. The PDM60 is unnecessarily complex, and annoyingly its "always live" option isn't always live as it power cycles shortly after you turn the ignition on. This meant my scottoiler kept losing its settings, so ended up wiring directly to the battery. It also keeps the status LEDs lit, even with the power off, which slowly drains your battery (if any of the outputs are set to always live).

Offline Mareng1

• XR Master
  • Town: Scotland
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 07:56:51 PM »
Scottoiler can be hooked up to the battery without issue.   It switches off when not in motion.

Only thing to remember. - is to switch delivery rate to 'zero' if you trailer the bike, otherwise it continues to deliver ( you can guess how I know this..............   :164: )

Offline DonVulpes

• XR Member
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 06:26:37 AM »
Another vote for a Fuzeblock setup.

Use one on my current bike and will definitely get one for my XR if/when I get one  :062:

Offline Rik

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR sport se
  • Town: Kiveton park
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 01:52:35 PM »
just ordered these of eBay,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172844285132
An easy way of tapping into the switched live.

Offline foxracer

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: London
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 02:18:39 PM »
One of the Forum Vendors, Mark's Motorcycle Parts has these available:

https://www.marksmotorcycleparts.co.uk/product-page/5-way-switched-fused-power-outlet

It's a nice little alternative to the Fuzeblock, and a a lot cheaper! I've just ordered one to replace the mess that is my PDM60 and have yet to fit it. Mark also kindly modified the 1A output to give me a permanent live for my Scottloiler :)