Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Side stand?  (Read 6256 times)

Offline Blast54

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR,K12GT
Side stand?
« on: July 11, 2015, 01:25:35 AM »
Does anyone know of any manufacturers who are making a sidestand foot enlarger for our XR's?

I live near Twisted Throttle in the US and checked them out ( the S1000R model does not fit) and looked on line but am coming up empty.

Thanks
Bill
Riding and fixing BMW's since 1970

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
Re: Side stand?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:04:02 AM »
Had one on my S1000R but, as you stated, it will not fit on the S1000XR.  The XR really needs foot stand side stand enlarger.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 12:45:48 AM »
Someone should have one out soon as there are goinig to be people looking for them.
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline boxertwin1200

• XR Junior
  • Bike: GS & XR
  • Town: Brighton
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 08:41:06 PM »
Nippy Normans are now showing a Wunderlich side stand extender, £29, PART # WUN-36060-202. Available in a week or two apparently. I had one of these on my K1300GT and it worked fine. I also added half an inch to its thickness to reduce even further the bike lean (the K13 was particularly bad and a very heavy bike to boot; not sure this will be necessary on the XR though).

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »
Thanks for that info.  I'm definitely looking for one as well.   :305:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline PeakRider53

• XR Junior
  • Town: Colorado Springs
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 04:14:05 AM »
I ordered an S1000XR side stand extender from Nippy Normans in late August but was told in early September it would not be available until late October.  This is the second time I've dealt with a British retailer that advertises in-stock items but doesn't really have them in stock.  The other one had me wait 40+ days for a radiator screen.  I know two data points don't make a trend but I'm not impressed with British business practices so far.  I would wait until they can actually touch one before you place an order; and in the meantime, just watch where you put that side stand down. 

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 06:50:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by PeakRider53 [+]
I ordered an S1000XR side stand extender from Nippy Normans in late August but was told in early September it would not be available until late October.  This is the second time I've dealt with a British retailer that advertises in-stock items but doesn't really have them in stock.  The other one had me wait 40+ days for a radiator screen.  I know two data points don't make a trend but I'm not impressed with British business practices so far.  I would wait until they can actually touch one before you place an order; and in the meantime, just watch where you put that side stand down.

Harsh IMO
The sidesatnd foot you are referring to is at a guess the wunderlich item !
It is of German origin and is advertised on their website as well although if you try to buy it from them they too say unavailable until October
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline PeakRider53

• XR Junior
  • Town: Colorado Springs
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 01:48:31 PM »
IMO retailers should either post the expected arrival date of out of stock items or disable the "add to cart" button.  It should be no different than walking into a store and asking the parts guy for a part.  For the record, Nippy Normans has now posted an "AVAILABLE FROM THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER" for the XR side stand extender and R&G Racing has a "Currently Unavailable - Add to your wishlist" option only.

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 05:41:51 PM »
Speaking of R&G, when the heck are they gonna get their items into production? They said 2 weeks, but that was 6 weeks ago!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 01:42:43 AM »
Hehehehe......they always tell you two weeks so you won't go off buying parts from someone else in the meantime!! 

dysfunctional