Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust  (Read 1333 times)

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000r
  • Town: camelford
Exhaust
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:21:08 PM »
Has anyone experience of other exhausts / end cans suitable other than the Akro. Also does adding the sports seat to a lowered suspension model still keep it lower than a standard model?
Many thanks

Offline feeb

• XR Member
  • Town: Leslie, Fife
Re: Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 01:25:58 PM »
If you have a standard sports seat on the lowered model it is still lower than the standard bike as that
is what I have on mine.

Offline wealdy

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000r
  • Town: camelford
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 01:55:08 PM »
Hi I have tried a standard model but was really on tip toes when stopping. Inside leg is around 30". Do you find your set up you have a good compromise?

Offline Plexat

• XR Member
  • BMW since 1979
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Doesburg
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by wealdy [+]
Has anyone experience of other exhausts / end cans suitable other than the Akro. Also does adding the sports seat to a lowered suspension model still keep it lower than a standard model?
Many thanks

There are many threads about exhausts. Do a search and you will find more answers than you wish for.  :001: :001: :001:

Offline feeb

• XR Member
  • Town: Leslie, Fife
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:09:04 PM »
 Yes, that set up would be worth you trying. Standard frame was a bit too tall for me.

Offline Chicken Strip

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '16 White XR
  • Town: San Diego
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 04:23:14 AM »
I have a Raptor exhaust.  It's a twin pipe from Germany.
Raptor exhaust / HP sport seat / BM crash bars / Nav VI / Dunlop Q3+'s / Puig screen / Synto levers / TPX radar detector / D.I.D gold X chain / HVMP bar ends / RRG cooler guards / Wunderlich f&r fender extenders & big brake lever / Hepco and Becker stand enlarger / R&G f&r axle sliders / rim tape

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 08:44:38 AM »
I'll digress!!

When I bought my K1200 in 2009 the fuelling was that bad clearly something had to be done for no other reason than I could afford to I tried 3 different end cans Remus/Lase/Akrapovic the lesson I learned they are not all the same and most certainly do not work all the same.

I've always considered Akra to be the best because they put so much work into their R+D but Huston there's a problem!!! The pipe they produced for the XR is the most horrendous pigs ear of a can I have ever seen who designed it Stevie Wonder!!! About on par with Suzukis Busa with a face only a mother could love!!,for no other reason that I wasn't going to be seen dead with such an ugly pipe on a bike I bought a MIVV.

It was cheap and cheerful in all honesty I was expecting a more fruity sound than stock,not only is it quieter the motor runs better and while hardly the best looking pipe I've seen on a bike easy enough to walk past it in the garage and think 'Yea I've seen worse'  :001: