Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: This Bike Really Rips!  (Read 3474 times)

Offline otrp

• XR Master
This Bike Really Rips!
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:53:40 PM »
Ok, I know the XR is not the fastest bike around, but it sure is fast!  Since its Labor Day here in the U.S., the traffic is light today.  So, I thought I'd take the XR out for a quick romp before the family gets together later.

I turned on Dynamic Pro, went up to a freeway area where there is little to no merging traffic and let it rip.  Oh my Gosh, from a roll in second gear, I opened the throttle and felt like I was being hit by G Forces on a rocket ship.  :005:  I slapped it into third and realized the front end was already off the ground when I hit the throttle from the roll and then it started rising even more.  :001:  By the time my brain realized I was doing a wheelie I got off the throttle.  I was caught off guard and was startled.  I stupidly wasn't expecting the front end to come up like it did, so I backed off.  I ruined the rush.   :013:

I hadn't had the time or an opportunity in the seven weeks I've owned the bike, to try Dynamic Pro until today.  This bike really rips.  My last bike had 120 HP, but the 40 more horses and the extra torque on this bike makes a stunning difference.  I really envy you people in Europe that have the areas where you can really let the XR go.

I have been trying to get a better feel for the XR's power because I am going to do some quarter mile times with it in a few weeks.  First I have to practice launching the bike form a stop, so I am ready for the lights in the staging lanes. I also need to get a camera mounted to film the runs. The drag strip is the only safe place in my area to have some serious fun with this bike.  Cant wait.   :001:

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR whi
  • Town: NY Metro
Re: This Bike Really Rips!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:15:01 PM »
Europeans have more areas to let it go but we have more mountains OTRP and don't have to go to the ALps for twisties  :001:
I've been banging around all weekend up in the mountains north of me and this thing turns like a demon. Haven't gone much beyond a buck yet but I've torn through some nice technical roads and after 500+ miles after  owing it for 9 days I have to say I'm pretty aware of what it can do. And it's pretty darn good  :007:
I haven't plugged the crazy chip in yet but I hope to this week.
Be awesome if you bought a camera to the drag strip!

Offline CobraKai

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: CA
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 05:46:41 AM »
It sure does! I wouldn't even want more power. Can't hardly use what is has unless you want to get in big trouble.

Offline vuk

• XR Member
  • Bike: white S1000XR
  • Town: Maribor,Slovenia
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by Snatch [+]
Europeans have more areas to let it go but we have more mountains OTRP and don't have to go to the ALps for twisties  :001:
I've been banging around all weekend up in the mountains north of me and this thing turns like a demon. Haven't gone much beyond a buck yet but I've torn through some nice technical roads and after 500+ miles after  owing it for 9 days I have to say I'm pretty aware of what it can do. And it's pretty darn good  :007:
I haven't plugged the crazy chip in yet but I hope to this week.
Be awesome if you bought a camera to the drag strip!

No Alps, but some twisties - all reachable in one hour time or even less:

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 02:42:36 PM »
No offense my friend but it looks like you're desperately in need of a track day or two  :110:
Also OTRP was referring more to those who are near the autobahn.

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 02:55:46 PM »
For those that think NY is just a city, here's a road 20 minutes north of me (I'm 15 minutes from Manhattan), and one 45 minutes north of me (depending on how you ride  :007: ).
We've allot of roads that hug river valley and mountains. Blessed to have them close by.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:10:13 PM by Snatch »

Offline otrp

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 02:57:50 PM »
For those that think NY is just a city, here's a road 20 minutes north of me (I'm 15 minutes from Manhattan), and one 45 minutes north of me (depending on how you ride  :007: ).

Very nice.    :002:

Offline vuk

• XR Member
  • Bike: white S1000XR
  • Town: Maribor,Slovenia
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »
No offense my friend but it looks like you're desperately in need of a track day or two  :110:
Also OTRP was referring more to those who are near the autobahn.
You didn't get the point or?  :156:
Was just reffering that you don't need to go to the Alps around here in Europe, because you have so many nice and twisty roads close by.
Autobahn - unfortunately 5 hours ride away to go legally really fast. But they are limiting the speed more and more also in Germany.
No offense taken - if you could find out that i need a trackday or two just from the video then you are really awesome. Can I get some riding tips from you? What do I do wrong? Never too old to learn from experienced bikers with may miles in their pockets.

Offline Snatch

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
I'm not awesome, but...

Sucks about the autobahn. They should leave the speed limits alone. Darn EU is ruining everything!

Offline BMW_XR_D

• XR Member
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnoi8QWTyP1pAhgZo
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: brentwood
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 03:56:54 AM »
I concur , Love cornering on my XR.

dysfunctional