Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: AUX lights  (Read 2482 times)

Offline miategra

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Istanbul
AUX lights
« on: September 05, 2017, 04:43:52 PM »
Hi Guys,

I think that everyone will agree that s1000xr has low visibility on the back side if it has led tail lights. On my bike I'm using OEM sidebags and a givi v47 topcase. Because we are travelling a lot with my lady. I will cut to chase at least for rear lightning I want to add some thing. I have contacted to hexezcan guys ( that thing is what I want to have) but they told me that their production is only compatible with 1200gs.
So what I want to do is take the data from can line and add aux back lights to my bike. Running lights, turn signals and brake light maybe with the high beams front fog lights.
The issue is I'm ready to reverse engineer can line for these data. But I think that it will take a long time if I do it by my self. Can anyone help be about it ?
So we can build a simple aurdiouno based can sniffer to operate relays or pwm control leds.

Offline GeekDroid

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Coatesville PA
Re: AUX lights
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:19:14 PM »
The Admor light bar has everything you're looking for and it's compatible with Canbus.  Several XR owners have installed it already.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/admore-lighting-high-output-led-large-light-bar-with-running-brake-and-progressive-amber-turn-signals

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 02:53:57 AM »
I have the ClearWater Darla LED's on the front and their Billy Jr brake light on the rear and they come with all the wiring to tie into the canbus wonderwheel.  They are expensive but they work with the system and the lights are fantastic.  You can not miss my bike coming or going!

Offline foxracer

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: London
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 06:32:36 PM »
I just installed a couple of BikeVis Bullet lights (red) to the back to supplement the rear light. Far less complex and cheaper, just wired to come on with the ignition.

Offline Toolman_57

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Wash DC USA Area
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by RoadRunner [+]
I have the ClearWater Darla LED's on the front and their Billy Jr brake light on the rear and they come with all the wiring to tie into the canbus wonderwheel.  They are expensive but they work with the system and the lights are fantastic.  You can not miss my bike coming or going!

+1

Offline miategra

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by GeekDroid [+]
The Admor light bar has everything you're looking for and it's compatible with Canbus.  Several XR owners have installed it already.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/admore-lighting-high-output-led-large-light-bar-with-running-brake-and-progressive-amber-turn-signals

I have seen them and sure that they are very good actually they have a solution for my topcase also. But I don't want to to screw / unscrew a connector while removing or putting back my topcase. I want to have a system witch interfere with oem wiring on minimal ratio. That's why I want to have the messages over Can-Bus to operate the lights.

*Originally Posted by RoadRunner [+]
All ClearWater products are beautiful but as you told they are very pricey.

On the attached image I tried to draw what I'm planing. And I hope that we can get the can messages over the service port. So there will be no cutting and slicing. Just connect 12v and have the trigger and can messages by  connector over service port.

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 01:39:01 PM »
Hi miategra

I was planning a similar project over the winter. So very interested,  and I might even be able to help out a bit.

The canbus is available on a socket as the Clearwater canopener I have uses it.

How far have you got ?

I want to be able to control my heated clothing at well as the lights etc.

Cheers

Bazzer.

Offline miategra

• XR Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 06:11:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by bazzer [+]
Hi miategra

I was planning a similar project over the winter. So very interested,  and I might even be able to help out a bit.

The canbus is available on a socket as the Clearwater canopener I have uses it.

How far have you got ?

I want to be able to control my heated clothing at well as the lights etc.

Cheers

Bazzer.

Hi Bazzer,

I they are all as sketch for now. The main thing is a have to spare some time for Can-Bus messages. Because for both electronic and sw side I have great friends who are willing to help me for the project. I talked to the about it and they sad it is really easy to do, they just need the messages. I have the HW to sniff the can-bus but I don't have time.

Online bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 07:02:09 AM »
https://github.com/4G-Gregg/BMW-GS-CAN-Sniffer/tree/master/Accessory_Controller

Take a look at this

and this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tUrOES5fQZa92Robr6uP8v2dzQDq9ohHjUiTU3isqdc/edit#gid=0

Really interested in how you get on with this. I want to combine the function of a PDM60 power controller, Clearwater CAN opener light controller and heated jacket controller into one box.

Its really the time to develop the hardware I don't have at the moment. I can probably fit in the software development of it.